Monday, October 08, 2007

More views out back... Etc.

To the West
It seems we may have a less glorious Fall Foliage Season this year. -sigh- And we are due for a week of showers, rain and some wind. So I thought I'd better take another couple of pictures out my back patio view.... Before wind/rain take more leaves down. Looking back at my first pics, taken the end of last week ~~ a little bit of color change that was there, has gone already.
.To the South
Top leaves on the tall trees, are thinning out... And the "wild things" in the "jungle" next yard, have not yet turned red. Pretty blahhhh looking, all in all.


So I looked over the pool and to the East {above} and found a bit of color! Yeaaaa, finally! Most everything there, is evergreens. But some changing leaves show above. And eventually will be mixed in with the pines. Eventually. I hope. ~~ Of course I keep forgetting that this Columbus Day Weekend has been earlier this year. It's usually peak "Leaf Peeking" time. But maybe, with luck, next weekend will be much better. -fingers crossed- :-)

The Impatiens and a few pink Geraniums, by the pond, just keep blooming and blooming. I'll think it's time to pull them out and get a few pots of Mums. And then, they perk up again and it's hard to pull them out. ~~ Same with the Impatiens by the front door. They just stay perky. :-) And it would look sort of funny to have those Red, White and Blue Impatiens blooming away! And to add Fall colored Mums to the entrance step. And you hate to pull the Impatiens out.... till a hard frost 'zaps' them. Soooo... for now.... the Mums wait.

H l B l H l H l B l H l H l B l H

I finally picked up a copy of the Oct. 'Country Home' magazine. Mrs. Staggs told us about this magazine, back on Oct. 1. But I'd not gotten a copy. I'm so glad I finally saw one and picked it up. Yummy looking pie recipes from a new cookbook. {below}
The transformation of a Minnesota farmhouse into Country Gothic. And no, it's not as *scary* as it sounds. Honest! :-) His color scheme is too monochromatic for my taste, but it's great fun to look at.
{below}
Lots of Autumn decorating ideas, including cute ideas to make, with apples, {below}. I'm not that 'into' buying magazines any more. ~~I know, I know... That's *heresy*! ,-)
This is the only one I've purchased so far this Autumn, and it's probably enough. :-)

H l B l H l H l B l H l H l B l H

Thank you to all who commented, that they still can comment. :-)
I guess I will always re-check my 'Comment Settings,' after I make any changes here.
And hope that continues to take care of the 'can't-comment' issue.

^_^