Monday, October 08, 2007

Monday Oct. 8, 2007


Happy Thanksgiving!
To my Canadian friends!
How lucky you are, to celebrate Thanksgiving, at this time of year. It truly is harvest time. The snow/ice of early Winter have not yet set in. It's nice/pretty weather, to go over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house. :-) Lucky you! Not so lucky us, who have to wait till late November to celebrate it. Rainy weather... Cold weather... Not pretty traveling... With Christmas so near and the feeling of h-o-l-i-da-y r-u-s-h, trying to set in. -sigh- Nope, you Canadians have the best plan. Enjoy!!!



~~~
I'm feeling a bit on the weary side myself... -sigh-
~~~



So it's good thing that I had a new book to start last night. 'Twas the usual Sunday Night Football, and good time for me to read. I have nothing against football and it's actually the only sport I can enjoy watching, but I didn't "have any horse in that race" {didn't have a favorite team playing} and so, reading was the choice.


I don't usually tend to read fiction. But I'd gotten a couple of fiction books out of the library. I'm sure I saw them mentioned on the Net and probably in blogs. Sometimes these ideas turn out to be things I like reading. Sometimes they don't. But I love getting ideas, from what others speak of. I chose to read first, what a review calls an exquisite fantasy, of 500 pages. And I could not put it down!!! :-) Oh joy! It's been way too long since I've found a book of fiction, which I've like this much! Yeaaaaa....


So thank you so much, to the blogger who mentioned "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer!!!

And, even better! It's the first book of a trilogy! And OK, -looking sheepishly- so it is recommended for (Ages 12 and up). -giggles- What can I say? Maybe I'm entering my second teen-age-hood. But really, it's not what I'd consider a teen book. The main character is young, yes. But even her mother considers her to be 'an old soul.'


And just think ~~ I have it, for tonight's Monday Night Fooball! :-)

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!
~~~

P.S.
My Halloween photo, in the Header, was terrrrrrribly brrrright! Eeeek!
So I tried to soften the color, a bit. I hope this one isn't so hard on the eyes.

^_^