
Where did the rains go? Not that I'm complaining. Yesterday we finally had one, short down-burst of rain. Some occasional sprinkles. But no real rain and wind. Good! Good! Good! Those conditions really play havoc with Autumn leaves. -sigh-

Well, I finally broke through my *baking block* and made some Beer Bread yesterday. Husband/"Chef" had made the first Butternut Squash Soup of the season. So I did my part and made Beer Bread to go with it. A great collaboration! But no, I didn't think to take a picture. Duhhh me.... :-((((

The cute little witch above {a Mary Englebreit drawing} is my kind of witch! :-) I refuse to show or have in my house, any depictions of ugly witches. Refuse! The old woman of a village, who had lived long and seen much and learned many things, was often called a witch. She had learned over her long life, which herbs were helpful with certain medical conditions. So she could seem to *cure* people. Or at least, relieve some of their discomforts from physical ailments.
Today, we call that Pharmacy.
Then, it was called Witchcraft.
-sighhhhhh-
So, no ugly looking witches in my life!!!! After all... I have two Pharmacists in my life and no one depicts them, as ugly. :-)))
Now I know that there are those who will disagree with this view. I know what 'is written' in certain 'books.' But I've done my own searching of Pagan views/beliefs. And have come to know people, who hold to the Pagan religion, and I know them to be regular normal good people. Like any group, there are weirdos to be found among Pagans. Ahhh yes, like with any group of people, there are the rather weird exceptions.
But I know enough of the regular, normal kind, and of their views. And I have no fear of them. I can believe what I believe, and they can believe what they believe.
This is the right, of all free peoples.

~*~*~*~*~*~