Saturday, August 16, 2008

Of this and that, on the Full Moon...

{Please click on all photos, to enlarge}

Am I the last to notice that this lovely spread in {July/Aug.} 'Victoria' magazine {Pg.74-77}, was done by Corey Amaro? The whole article! Text and photography!


See? Says so, right at the bottom of the first page of the article.

Isn't that wonderful? I'd ask, Isn't that amazing? But, it would be silly to ask if it's amazing. Anyone who has been reading her blog {Tongue in Cheek}, knows her beautiful photography and her beautiful way with words. So her ability to pull off a whole article, isn't really a surprise.

But it's still pretty special for me. Because I never read a magazine, where I can say that I know the author. Sure, it's Net-know her. But when we read a per
son's blog for a long time, and email with the person, I think we can pretty well say that we 'know' them. :-)
*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*

Lookie! Two red tomatoes! Well, nearly red. :-) If we're lucky and the sun burns through the clouds today, bet we will have two red tomatoes by dinner time!

The three plants are heavy with green tomatoes. He has to keep tying them up to supports, as you can see in the picture. And I was thinking we were going to have to settle for trying 'Fried Green Tomatoes.' In fact, I was really looking forward to trying
'Fried Green Tomatoes.' Never had them. {Are 'Fried Green Tomatoes' a Southern dish?}

Actually, there are so many tomatoes, that I doubt all will ripen before they have to be picked. So I think we can still have some
'Fried Green Tomatoes,' this year.
*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*
Tonight is the Full Sturgeon Moon. So called because some Native American tribes knew that the sturgeon of the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain were most readily caught during this full moon. Others called it the Green Corn Moon or the Grain Moon.

If you really hurry and book a flight, you could attend the Full Moon Festival in
Athens tonight. Every August, on the eve of the full moon, several archeological sites in Greece stay open late for a full moon festival. You could have the opportunity to visit the Acropolis and the Parthenon under the light of the moon, while being serenaded by various classical musicians and opera singers.

Or, you could just pour a glass of wine {or whatever your beverage of choice is} and sit in a comfy chair and watch/wait for the rising of the Full Moon, over your own back yard. I think this last, will be my choice tonight. :-)