Friday, August 15, 2008

So, what's the big deal???

Lessons learned by watching others... What lesson would I learn today? Contentment with what each passing year/decade brings.

Seems simple. Seems we ought to just be happy that we're seeing years/decades pass! The alternative isn't too appetizing. What's the big deal?

Aches and pains, sure. 'This' breaks down some, and 'that' breaks down some. "The fender gets rusty." "The bumper falls off." Etc. >,-) But if we're lucky, these age things don't incapacitate us. We keep right on, keeping on. A bit slower maybe. But we keep on truckin'.

Fine...
So, where's the catch? What's to talk about? What's to be learned?

How about our over-all view of these changes? Can't stop them. Have to live with them. But! How do we live with them? Do we live with them, (1) by whining about them all the time, to ourselves and to others? Do we (2) try to deny them? {Color the hair. Add more and more makeup? Have liposuction if we have lots of throw-away money?} Or do we (3) peacefully accept them?


I want (3), to peacefully accept them. I want. I'm not there yet. I'm not coloring my hair or plastering on makeup, but I'm sure not contented with being where I am. I'm not fully accepting thinning hair or loss of my *girl-ish figure* or less energy or ~

Now it's time to laugh. Are you ready for a good laugh? Hope so, because one is coming.


The WORST part, is having to stop flirting.
-sigh-

OK, have you had your jolly laugh and caught your breath yet? >,-) It's so. That's the worst part. I was never a wee little girl with golden curls, who learned the fine art of flirting, in childhood. Nope. Not me. But I finally caught on, in later teens. And it's been a joy of life, ever since. And now, it's over. -whine- -moan- -sob- -pout- {Ooops, can't even say 'pout' anymore, because it sounds too...'something'!} -sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-


Well, I've laid bare my soul, so what else is there to say, today? Not much I guess. I've given you a laugh. I've maybe made you stop a bit and wonder... How will you handle your later decades? My *work* here, is done for today. :-))))