
{Yes, I love this rose. And I keep photographing it.}
UPDATE: Disregard the question of 'Where is La Tea Dah?'
My best friend {and personal computer geek} found her, already. I am such a computer klutz. :-( But he is an expert. :-)))
*******************
'La Tea Dah' commented the following, in my blog. And I want to thank her!
*******************
La Tea Dah said... Rotary International... "Service above self" My husband loves belonging to his local chapter and has been in it for a longggg time. His club is gathering memorabilia, and he had some things to bring to the meeting yesterday. I took a picture of this old newspaper clipping, before he took it.
******
******
It's a picture from the 1984 Rotary Installation Dinner, when my husband was installed as local Rotary President for a year. He is second from the left. Of the six shown, only my husband and the man on the far right, are still with us. I was struck by this, when we looked at the photo. And thought it was worth keeping a picture of. :-)
************
Photography ~~ "Ya' win some." "Ya' lose some." ,-)
The Full June Strawberry Moon had burned away the clouds, and was shining gloriously, last night. But I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up, I could only go outside and get this photo, sort of through the huge tree to the south. And it's not that good. But I will be visiting other gals today, and I bet they got great shots of the Full Moon! :-)
~~
And oh yes, it was glorious from our bedroom window, when I went upstairs! But I'd have had to have both the window up and the screen up too, to take a picture. And go back down stairs to get the camera. {Some sweet person asked what camera it is... It's a Canon Zoom Lens 10XIS. And I have NOT mastered it yet! Not, not, not. I just shoot. And try using the zoom. And there are so many more instructions in the book...which I have never had the 'guts' to try. Yet!}
~~
So all I did was gaze it it, almost mesmerized. Such glorious beauty! I was struck with the thought that ~ Even in today's modern world, where we know what the moon is, and have walked on its surface, and have so much ambient lighting around, which cuts our true view of the night skies ~ Even with all this, the Full Moon still has the power to amaze us, with its glorious beauty. Is it any wonder that the ancient peoples were in awe of it?
~~
They who could see the moon and the stars through a crystal clear atmosphere, not yet clouded by modern pollution... And not surrounded by lights of a city... They who could gaze on the night sky, in its full and awe inspiring beauty... Is it any wonder that they felt awe and power and amazement? And that they felt insignificant, under it all? And that they revered the Celestial Bodies, as Gods?
~~
And feeling so tiny and largely helpless, on this not-so-friendly-at-times Earth... Is it any wonder that they began to feel that these Celestial Bodies, which maybe were Gods, could be of help to them?
~~
Humans seem to never outgrow the need for 'mothering,' in order to feel safe and secure. They try to "grow up." They really try to. But when things get tough, they want to again be "taken care of," somehow. Humans seem to cling to the need to have Help From On High, to make them feel safe and secure. Many humans will not dare face the Universe, on its own terms. Simply accepting it, as is. And not needing answers and reasons and total knowledge of everything. Even of "Life" and of "Death."
~~
So I fully understand how the ancients, looked to the sky, for protection and security and care and sureness. Last night, mesmerized by the beauty of the Full Moon, I could almost feel, what they must have felt. And fully understand their need, to have felt it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hosta flowers... I call them Hosta 'Bells'... :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*******************
La Tea Dah said... Rotary International... "Service above self" My husband loves belonging to his local chapter and has been in it for a longggg time. His club is gathering memorabilia, and he had some things to bring to the meeting yesterday. I took a picture of this old newspaper clipping, before he took it.
******
******It's a picture from the 1984 Rotary Installation Dinner, when my husband was installed as local Rotary President for a year. He is second from the left. Of the six shown, only my husband and the man on the far right, are still with us. I was struck by this, when we looked at the photo. And thought it was worth keeping a picture of. :-)
************
Photography ~~ "Ya' win some." "Ya' lose some." ,-)The Full June Strawberry Moon had burned away the clouds, and was shining gloriously, last night. But I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up, I could only go outside and get this photo, sort of through the huge tree to the south. And it's not that good. But I will be visiting other gals today, and I bet they got great shots of the Full Moon! :-)
~~
And oh yes, it was glorious from our bedroom window, when I went upstairs! But I'd have had to have both the window up and the screen up too, to take a picture. And go back down stairs to get the camera. {Some sweet person asked what camera it is... It's a Canon Zoom Lens 10XIS. And I have NOT mastered it yet! Not, not, not. I just shoot. And try using the zoom. And there are so many more instructions in the book...which I have never had the 'guts' to try. Yet!}
~~
So all I did was gaze it it, almost mesmerized. Such glorious beauty! I was struck with the thought that ~ Even in today's modern world, where we know what the moon is, and have walked on its surface, and have so much ambient lighting around, which cuts our true view of the night skies ~ Even with all this, the Full Moon still has the power to amaze us, with its glorious beauty. Is it any wonder that the ancient peoples were in awe of it?
~~
They who could see the moon and the stars through a crystal clear atmosphere, not yet clouded by modern pollution... And not surrounded by lights of a city... They who could gaze on the night sky, in its full and awe inspiring beauty... Is it any wonder that they felt awe and power and amazement? And that they felt insignificant, under it all? And that they revered the Celestial Bodies, as Gods?
~~
And feeling so tiny and largely helpless, on this not-so-friendly-at-times Earth... Is it any wonder that they began to feel that these Celestial Bodies, which maybe were Gods, could be of help to them?
~~
Humans seem to never outgrow the need for 'mothering,' in order to feel safe and secure. They try to "grow up." They really try to. But when things get tough, they want to again be "taken care of," somehow. Humans seem to cling to the need to have Help From On High, to make them feel safe and secure. Many humans will not dare face the Universe, on its own terms. Simply accepting it, as is. And not needing answers and reasons and total knowledge of everything. Even of "Life" and of "Death."
~~
So I fully understand how the ancients, looked to the sky, for protection and security and care and sureness. Last night, mesmerized by the beauty of the Full Moon, I could almost feel, what they must have felt. And fully understand their need, to have felt it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hosta flowers... I call them Hosta 'Bells'... :-)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What beautiful, beautiful flowers! I think we share the same passion for roses and lovely, fragrant, and beautiful flowers.
Thank you for visiting my blog and leading me to yours. I will be adding you to my blog roll so I can find you again!
Thank you!
LaTeaDah