I wrote the Title in French, because I thought, if I used English, everyone might run away. >,-) This way, I might tweak some people's curiosity enough, that they'll read a bit. And maybe even read all. So, to come clean ~ the Title means 'To speak of commenting.' And if you got this far, hopefully you won't bolt now. Hopefully, you stick around. See if I came up with anything new and different on the topic, for a change. :-)The Dictionary calls commenting..."A written note intended as an explanation, illustration, or criticism of a passage in a book or other writing; an annotation." We in Blog Land call it ~ {maybe} the life blood of blogging. {Maybe} the most troublesome thing, about blogging. {Maybe} many things. But never, never, never do we say, it's a simple topic.
I have so much trouble with it, that I keep links to Net sites, which discuss it. So I suppose I can just give you links to these, and let it go at that. But, you *know* I *can't* just do that! ,-) Gotta' say something myself. :-) But first, the links...Do you hope or do you...
On feeling obligated to...
Choosing between...
How not to...
Maybe the one which catches my eye the most is the "Do you hope or do you expect..." one. That one seems to "hit the nail on the head," so to speak. The $64,000 Question, as they say. Getting comments ~ do you expect your readers to comment on your blog? Or do you hope your readers will comment on your blog? When I fully figure that one out, it may solve all my blogging questions/issues. Especially the *biggie* of ~ feeling very, very obligated to comment in the blog, of each and everyone person, who comments in mine.
Maybe, if I figure out "My Personal Philosophy" about how I really feel about comments... Then that may spill over onto how I do comments. If I can finally feel super-comfy with my own views, about comments I get, then why not deal with everyone else, in the same way? This really seems the logical way to do it.If I decide that I have to have lots of comments... If I decide that I am totally focused on the number of comments I get... If I feel my blogging life is worthless, without lots and lots of comments... Then I'd better figure everyone else feels the same. And act thus. Otherwise, I want one standard for me, and a different standard, for everyone else. Which seems kind of un-fair, from the "get-go."
What is my ideal? What would I like to decide, is my over-all commenting philosophy? What do I really, really want to zero in on?
Well, since I always seem to be trying to find simplicity ~ at least I'm always reading about it! :-) ~ Then simplicity should guide me. So, what's the simplest way {for me} to deal with the total issue of commenting?
To hope to get comments. Not to expect them, for any reason. Not to need them. Not to gauge my personal value/worth, or the value/worth of my blogging, on the number of them. Wow, but that sounds wonderful and freeing and super-duper, to me!!!! Wow! -happy sigh-
So logic says, to hope everyone else, feels the same way. And to not worry, if they don't. Because the only one I am in charge of, is me. And the only one I have any power over, is me. And the only one I should concern myself about, is me. In Blog Land, that is! Blog Land isn't family or duty or necessary or life threatening, or etc. 'Tis totally discretionary. So everyone in Blog Land has to handle their own self, in regard to what's important to them, and how they doooooooo Blog Land.
But this is one of those freeing views, which are so, so, so hard to come by. Funny how many freeing things, are so hard to make part of us, hu? Really funny. Do humans want to make life difficult, for some reason? Do we want to give ourselves as many problems as is possible? Weird. But ~ that is a topic for another day. :-)Soooooooo ~ I rattled on, about my thoughts and my {hopeful} decision, on this blogging issue of comments. Which issue/comments seems dear to a lot of our hearts. :-) Now it's your turn to chime in. I am one voice. I am one blogger. Doing my own thing. I'd love to hear everyone's voice, on this. Agree. Disagree. Shocked. Hopeful. Turned off by my view. Maybe like part of my view. Everyone's personal views, on blogging. Blogging can be this...a kind of a 'brain storming' of ideas. I say my *something,* in an entry. And then you say your *something,* in a comment. Does that sound great?
We are individuals! We each are free to come to our own conclusions. To me, this is true on everything. But even if you don't agree, that far.... Seems that what each of us does, in Blogging, simply has to be our own decision. I will admit... I hope for lots of chiming in, on this entry. :-))))
Image Source