
As my post Title says; If you can't "can," bake! :-) Meaning, I'm never going to "put up" either the Brandy & Peaches or the Brandy & Diff Fruits. Never "canned" and not about to try to start now. I'd think everything was growing food poisoning inside, because I'd never feel I sterilized all, in the right way. So, "putting up" is out for me. And those brandied fruits are not something, to freeze.
But I still liked the idea of Brandy & Fruit. So I had to think up something else. The result of my thinking, is pictured above. Baked Apples.
Macintosh Apples... Cored and pared... Fill the cavity with chopped walnuts, white sugar, brown sugar, sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, a wee bit of Brandy and a bit of butter. Make home-made pie crust and wrap each prepared apple in the pie crust. Sprinkle top with a bit of white sugar and bake like an Apple Pie. Or until a cake tester shows the apples are tender. Quite delicious!!! With vanilla ice cream, and sharp cheese if so desired. {Since we eat our Apple Pies here, with sharp cheese on the side.}
And I'm discovering by trial and error, how much of these *forbidden foods* I can eat. When I take meds to digest the lactose and meds to take acid out of foods, before eating, that is. A Baked Apple did not cause me pain, when I took the meds. :-)
{*forbidden foods* - I have Lactose Intolerance. Thus the over the counter med to digest lactose. And I seem to have a recurrence of Interstitial Cystitis. For which I see a specialist on Thurs.}
This medical-problems-stuff is not in keeping with the intent of this blog, I know. It's not a happy, soft, cozy, warm, nesting, or joyful topic. But I add it, in case someone else might find some useful information, about something bothering them.
We went for a walk yesterday afternoon. And came across something I never noticed before. You've heard of the Leaning Tower of Piza. This looks like the Leaning Tree of N. Broadway. Above... :-)
And just some pretty afternoon sunlight, through the trees, above.
Melissa at 'The Inspired Room'
is having a Fall Front Porches event. Since I never know how add these buttons
correctly, I hope the link above will take you to her post about it. I'm also not handy with joining in these things, so I'll {now} show you a house {above} we saw, which looked nicely Autumn-y decorated.
And of course, *The Castle* never disappoints! {That's what I mockingly call this *Mc Mansion* on N. Broadway... *The Castle* Yish!} You'll understand why, when I tell you that above is NOT the house entrance. It's just the driveway in, and the locked Gate there. Oh and to the right, out of the picture, is the real-life *Gate House,* where the real live *Gate Keeper* sits. {Nope, they don't have a moat.} -wry smile-
{Susan Branch's leaves}

But I still liked the idea of Brandy & Fruit. So I had to think up something else. The result of my thinking, is pictured above. Baked Apples.
Macintosh Apples... Cored and pared... Fill the cavity with chopped walnuts, white sugar, brown sugar, sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, a wee bit of Brandy and a bit of butter. Make home-made pie crust and wrap each prepared apple in the pie crust. Sprinkle top with a bit of white sugar and bake like an Apple Pie. Or until a cake tester shows the apples are tender. Quite delicious!!! With vanilla ice cream, and sharp cheese if so desired. {Since we eat our Apple Pies here, with sharp cheese on the side.}
And I'm discovering by trial and error, how much of these *forbidden foods* I can eat. When I take meds to digest the lactose and meds to take acid out of foods, before eating, that is. A Baked Apple did not cause me pain, when I took the meds. :-)
{*forbidden foods* - I have Lactose Intolerance. Thus the over the counter med to digest lactose. And I seem to have a recurrence of Interstitial Cystitis. For which I see a specialist on Thurs.}
This medical-problems-stuff is not in keeping with the intent of this blog, I know. It's not a happy, soft, cozy, warm, nesting, or joyful topic. But I add it, in case someone else might find some useful information, about something bothering them.
We went for a walk yesterday afternoon. And came across something I never noticed before. You've heard of the Leaning Tower of Piza. This looks like the Leaning Tree of N. Broadway. Above... :-)
And just some pretty afternoon sunlight, through the trees, above.
Melissa at 'The Inspired Room'is having a Fall Front Porches event. Since I never know how add these buttons
correctly, I hope the link above will take you to her post about it. I'm also not handy with joining in these things, so I'll {now} show you a house {above} we saw, which looked nicely Autumn-y decorated.
And of course, *The Castle* never disappoints! {That's what I mockingly call this *Mc Mansion* on N. Broadway... *The Castle* Yish!} You'll understand why, when I tell you that above is NOT the house entrance. It's just the driveway in, and the locked Gate there. Oh and to the right, out of the picture, is the real-life *Gate House,* where the real live *Gate Keeper* sits. {Nope, they don't have a moat.} -wry smile-
{Susan Branch's leaves}