Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Hooray!!!


Hello to you, Dear Reader!

What is the "Hooray" in my Title Line about? Hooray, we had a frost last night!!! My poor husband has been suffering of late, with Fall allergies again. Probably the mold. Which one hopes a frost will kill off. And that is why, Hooray!!! :-)

Above are some of the "World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies" which I made again yesterday. To take to the home volleyball game. As I said I would. And still have lots of them frozen, so the Grands can have them again, today... After an early
practice. :-)


Above, I simply put the pic of the dough, when mixed... For no good reason. Just because lots of people show such pictures, in their blogs... Showing how they made a recipe. Now I never do that... Show how I made a recipe. But I took a pic of the dough, just for fun. So, I'm posting it. Just for fun. {Yes, I am very easily amused.} >,-)


And now Dear Reader, 'tis time to get "Mrs. Sharp's Traditions" down from the shelf. Well, it's always time to get "Mrs. Sharp's Traditions" out, since she covers the whole calendar year, month by month. But I'm finally doing it, in October. With an old fashioned poem...


October
We went to hunt for chestnuts
One fine October day,

And in the windy country
We wandered far away.

We built a fire of brush-wood
Beneath the sheltering hill,
Among the rustling corn-shocks
The wind was never still.

We played that we were gypsies,

Who never sleep in beds,
But lie beside their fires
With stars above their heads.


But when the air grew frosty,
Beneath the chestnut tree
We filled our bags and baskets,

And hastened home to tea.
~K. Pyle


"October arrives bringing with it a wash of wonderful color, fragrant, cool breezes, and a bounty of seasonal pleasures from apple-cider pressing to pumpkin carving. Come with us on a harvest-moon hayride, then help us make masquerade costumes and prepare for an old-fashioned Hallowe'en frolic at home."


Ahhhh, that Mrs. Sharp! She has the Seasons down-pat. :-)

Have a lovely October afternoon, in your neck of the woods. {Or a Spring one, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere}


Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

{Photos can be enlarged, by clicking on them. Their source is from me, from an old 'Victoria' magazine and from 'Mrs. Sharp's Traditions'}