Sunday, September 07, 2008

'Hannah' was a lady!


Good morning Dear Reader!

{hurricane} Ike may be on the way, but
{hurricane} Hannah was a lady, with us. The sun shines this morning... {below}

Yes, we had a bit of heavy rain. And lots and lots and lots of more gentle rain, which left the ground happily watered and rain drops on flowers, etc... {below}

Some of the 'Old Rose' keep right on trying to bloom. So I can't say; "...the rose is out of town." Not yet anyway. :-) The photo at the top of this entry, is one of my husband's 'Old Roses' too. And I think it's still just beeeeeeeeeeutiful. {below}

And these happy yellow flowers just seem to go on and on and on. 'Course they do have a Fall-look to them... {below}

And the Golden Rod waves, along the pool fence, in the back. Not cultivated of course. One of those wild flowers which just come. And come, and come, and come. {below}

Some people blame Fall allergies on Golden Rod. But I think I remember Gladys Taber saying that this isn't so. I think she said that Golden Rod gets the allergy blame which belongs to another Fall weed. I can't remember in which of her books, she said this. But I 'll have to get her books down from the shelf...

...and search for the September section where she speaks of this. Every Fall I think of this, but don't look it up. This Fall, I will! And of course, I'll report what I found.

This morning I went down back, by the pool filter system... Where years ago, my husband planted a Hydrangea Tree, to hide the the filter box from view, so neighbors didn't have to look at it.

Over the years, it's grown out of control! A mass of blossoms, yes. But so high and bushy that it cuts my distance view from my kitchen window. So for a while, every year I've pruned it back as far as I can! As far as I can!!! And to look at it, after my pruning, one would think it will never come back "this time." {insert -sighs- by other than me} -hehhhhh-


But of course, year after year, it does 'come back'! And it makes *oodles* of blossoms! This year being no different. Guess I should cut some this year and bring them in and stick them in a vase and let them dry. I did just that, one year and they lasted *forever.*

I do the same {violent} pruning of the grape vines on the pool fence. >,-) And they come back, thicker than ever. Just goes to show, pruning is good!!! And not just for me! I LUV hacking and pruning! Which is probably a very bad sign of something in my character but... LOL

Thank you Dear Reader, for stopping by... I wish you a calm and joyful day.

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci


{Please remember that all pics can be enlarged, by clicking on them.}