Saturday, September 06, 2008

"Be on lookout for ponding..." :-)

Well, the rains have come. The first part of Hannah I guess. I just saw something in the weather report, that I've never seen before... "Be on the lookout for ponding of water." Really! 'Ponding'... How about that? When did they sneak 'ponding' into the vocabulary? It's cute, I'm not saying it isn't cute. And I suppose that 'ponding' is less worrisome than... 'pooling' maybe? And certainly less worrisome than out-and-out flooding.

I really like the sound of 'ponding.' Usually one has to work hard to get a pond on one's land. Unless nature made one there, a long time ago, that is.
But 'ponding' certainly doesn't happen every day, or everywhere. I'm sure little kids wish it did, though. Has any little kid ever come across something like a pond, that he/she didn't want to explore? A really tiny 'pond' might be a large puddle. And all little kids just love to jump and splash in puddles. :-) Ahemmmm, and some big 'kids' do too. ,-)

Since I don't have any intention of going outside tonight, I guess I'll be "safe from ponding," though. Be safe from? Well, if we are advised to "be on the lookout" for ponding of water, it seems it could be somewhat of a problem. For some. Somewhere. Maybe...

If I ever learn more on the issue of 'ponding,' in the future, I'll be sure to pass it on!

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
Blueberries by Susan Branch