Wednesday, September 17, 2008

""Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it..."

Hello, Dear Reader!

Another beautiful Autumn day dawned here, and I was out taking some photos. Coooool out there, early in the morning! :-) But lovely. Even though it's time to dig out the mock-turtleneck tops to go under cotton shirts and dresses. Layers... Layers... Have to think in layers, with this cooler weather.

The *game* begins, of how long we can go without turning the furnace on, this Fall! {And I do know that one little lady, up North, had to give in, and turn her furnace on today. -giggles-} It's not hard on sunny days, because we "live" in rooms, which face the South. So even on a cool morning or evening, you know it will warm up, by noon time. But on those cool, damp, cloudy, rainy days... -sigh- It's much harder. Oh well, we will seeeeeeeeeeeee...


Did make those Sugar Cookies yesterday! 'Course, I got the baking urge, on a day which warmed up a lot. So by the time I was through with the oven, I was nearly driving myself out of the house, with heat! >,-) Remember, the rooms we 'live in' ~ Hearth Room, Eating area, Kitchen, and Den ~ are on the South side of the house and the sun really warms them up. But especially so, when the temps went up anyway. But, I make 'em!

Best part is, I can't chew on them yet, with my 'tooth hole.' Which is healing wonderfully but, I'm still not taking chances with it and a lot of crumbly stuff. Plus, I'd have to have Lactaid meds, to even try one, because of the butter/milk in them. So, all in all, I didn't taste. 'Pop' and the Grands did that for me! :-)


'Twould be super if I could enjoy baking, but not *have* to eat it myself. That would be perfection! Because I'm not one of those people who can have a little today and a little tomorrow. -sigh- If 'goodies' are around, I *have* to eat them, post haste. Silly me. -shakes head- He can do the 'little now and wait' thing, with desserts. So it would be nice if I could have a few cookies around for him, some of the time. And not have them *calling to me*! :-) We shall see how I do with this new way. :-)

Lots of new ways going on around here, of late!!! :-) My new Blogging Life and my possible new Baking Life. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I hope you are having a pretty Autumn day {or Spring day, depending on which Hemisphere you live in}, where you live. If it's Autumn, please do enjoy every bit of it. This beautiful in-between-season is fleeting. Cool rains come, all too soon. Let's soak up every bit of Autumn's beauty, while we have it.

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
~George Eliot

{Click on photos, to enlarge}