Thursday, September 18, 2008

"Needing" to attend a Yard Sale... Etc.

Many of the smaller pieces of our set of dishes, are *coming up broken.* Now, I certainly can't imagine why! Naturally, I am very, very careful. Naturally... >,-)))) But... Be that as it may, some of them are becoming less and less and less.

Now, though it's *not really allowed* in Pretty Blog Land, I do not like to go to Flea Markets or Yard Sales or the like. My motto is; "Don't get more 'stuff,' while I still have 'stuff' to get rid of." But... It occurred to me... I could have a very good reason to get more 'stuff,' if it's usable 'stuff.' Like some random pretty small dishes, to fill in with my set. :-))) How about that?!?


We are now in {and are forecast to continue with} a stretch of very nice weather. Sunny, blue skies, white puffy clouds and Autumn temps. Seems like perfect weather for people to have Yard/Garage Sales around town. So.... maybe this weekend will be time to look for some. Along with going to view the Civil War Encampment which is being held in Congress Park. {Seems when they have these, I miss them. Don't want to do that, this year!}

This is not earth shaking but... Look what I finally learned how to do!!!!!!!! checking<--That cross-out-thing. >,-) It's not needed too often but it's one of those things which I can't seem to remember how to do it. I finally did!!!! {I know, I know, it's not earth-shaking. -grin-}


There probably aren't many people who are wanting a killing frost, in their neck of the woods. The very words {killing frost} send shivers up and down most people's spines. There go the flowers! There goes the produce, unless it was covered! Etc. But, if any of you suffer from the Fall kind of Allergies, you totally understand why we want a killing frost! To kill off the Fall molds!!! The sooner the better! And with luck, we may get one tonight.

My husband got hit with something-in-the-air, yesterday noon time. Not even his usual allergy meds could take care of it. So he had a miserable afternoon, evening and night's sleep. :-( Sometimes he sneezes, without end.
The rest of the time, he's just miserable with his nose and his eyes and etc. -sigh- I think you can see why we want a killing frost. And I think you'll forgive us, for so wanting. -sigh-


So, we'll cover the tomatoes-in-pots tonight. There are many, many green tomatoes, and we don't want to lose them. The summer flowers are 'on their last legs' anyway, so we won't worry about them. And the Autumn flowers will weather it. So unlike most, we'll want a killer frost tonight!

Gentle hugs, to you, Dear Reader...
Miss Mari-Nanci

"Where glowing embers through the room
Teach light to counterfeit a gloom,
Far from all resort of mirth,
Save the cricket on the hearth."
~John Milton

{Last 4 pictures are from Sept. '95 'Victoria' magazine}