Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waxing moon & this and that...


The moon is waxing. These photos aren't trying to masquerade as clear and proper photos of her. But I still think they have a beauty, all their own. {Nothing like appreciating your own work, hu? -giggles-}

This one shows a street light, below...
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

The pink and silver planting out front, is looking prettier and prettier...
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

We had a quick and simple Supper, last night... Farmer's Market beets and lettuce. Deviled Eggs. And a quick salad, made of cut-up left-over chicken... And a simple white wine...
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

"Alabama, they say, is like one big front porch where folks gather on summer nights to tell tales and to talk family."

The above is from the intro to this precious book, which I got from Amazon New and Used Books. I read about it in one of the {click-->} photo blogs I follow... A lady of the South, who said she got out her old and well worn copy, to read something... {Link above} And it made me want to read the book, as well. {And this Photo Blog has simply beautiful photos, as well...}

If summer time feels like time to tell tales and talk family to you too, please see if you can find this book. Mine is a new re-issue, with a different cover pic, than the original. But I love the picture of the author. She looks like someone I would just love to know. And I'd love to be able to sit down with her and hear her tell stories, in real life. :-) She would certainly be lovingly called 'Miss Kathryn
.'
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

A Lily...
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~