Friday, June 27, 2008

Of womanly charms... And flowers... And fun...

An Offering by Sir Frank Dicksee, 1898. Why? Just because it caught my eye and it's quite beautiful. And it brings to mind words like sumptuous, lavish, abundance, womanly charms, etc. ,-) Also brings to mind the words of Kate Chopin, when describing her womanly charms: "By all the codes which I am acquainted with, I am a devilishly wicked specimen of the sex."
~~~
Woopsies...

-giggles-

Are you still with me?

^_^

*
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~*

{Above} Lily with dew on it...

{Above} If I could have caught it properly, you would see dew drops sparkling in the early morning sun. But.......... I didn't capture it properly. -sigh- Looks more like dandruff. ^_^
*~~~~~~~~
~~~~~*

Summer begins...

{Above} So far, the Grands are being kind to ol' Nana.
Letting her put many braids in their damp hair...


{Above} Even though, as one said: "It will be a frizzy mess." But there is all day, to comb it out. And if/when all else fails, to wet it down again. Meantime, in a while, Nana will have the fun of seeing how the braids make their hair extra wavy. At least, she hopes that's what happens. ^_^
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

{Above} When I was out taking pictures this morning, I noticed another Tuberous Begonia had fallen off. So I picked it up and brought it in and put it in a custard cup. The previous red one, was mostly gone.

{Above} The Dusty Miller and New Guinea Impatients are looking more and more pretty, as they take hold.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*


The other night we watched one of those cable shows about healthy eating. They put about 10 volunteers in seclusion {in a very open zoo setting} for a number of days, and supplied them with the only things they could ate. A *Mog & Grog* diet. Just raw fruits and veggies... 10 pounds of them, for each person, each day. {The zoo setting because that's what the gorillas were eating too}
..........
So...
{Above} When E. had to stop by a grocery store for staples, he also came home with lots of fruit and veggies! The veggies are in the 'frig, but the fruit is washed and out... to tempt us during the day. Looks good, doesn't it?
..........
But do you think you could eat 10 pounds, a day? 10 pounds of fruit and uncooked veggies, that is.
..........

And since this was what 'very early man' ate {before they even began to hunt}, there were no salt shakers on the table. Their salt allotment was {are you ready for this?} 1 salty olive a day! How does that sound to salt lovers out there, like me? Eeeek! ^_^
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

{Above} The first Hydrangea blossom is coming out more and more, each day.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

I close with The Kiss by Francesco Hayez. I'd call it 'The Stolen Kiss,' from the looks of it. :-) ............. And this painting is more accessible to women, I think. Than the one at the top of this post. Which {painting at the top} is a bit "over-the-top" for most women, to have experienced. Especially today. ............. But this one, 'The Stolen Kiss' is easier to understand. Surely there isn't a woman alive, who has not experienced at least one stolen kiss, in her lifetime. One or two. ,-) But for memories, even one is enough...
^_^
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~*