Saturday, June 28, 2008

Flowers, rescues, and a great read...

{above} Pink Climber blossoming now...

{above} And White Climber peeks out behind it's trellis

*~~~
*~~~*~~~*

I noticed a frog, at the edge of the now working pool... So I told my husband to check the skimmer... Sure enough, there he was. Dumb little frog......

'Pop' rescued him and was going to put him into the safe little pond. He saw 8 year old Grandson next door and asked if he wanted to help. Of course! And he gently took the frog from 'Pop' and held it, for picture taking. And put him into the little pond.

Where the froggie will remain, happily ever after... if he's smart.
......
Btw, this is the same Grandson who had the awful Black Fly bite on his ear, a while ago. As you can see, he recovered perfectly. As little boys are want to do... :-)))

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

Lots'a frogies around. Granddaughter noticed this one, during the day. Really green head! Sort of weird looking. But at least, he jumped right into the lily pond, when I opened the screen. Have to take pics, through the screen, because they jump, as soon as they hear anything...... But as the season goes on, they get more and more brave. And stay sunning themselves on the rocks, even when we are out on the patio.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

The tomatoes in pots, are growing. This close one, is growing the best!

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

"I should have known that summer of 1961 was gonna be the biggest summer of our lives. I should have known it the minute I saw Freeda Malone step out of that pickup, her hair lit up in the sun like hot flames. I should have know it, because Uncle Rudy told me what happens when a wildfire comes along."
......
And with that paragraph, "The Book of Bright Ideas" begins......
......
Vee told me about it. I was intrigued and got it from the library. A good summer read. Not always easy, because like any good story, it has both highs and lows. But, I'd recommend it.

*~~~*~~~*~~~*

{above} The Pink Spirea again.

I can't get over how it just seems to keep going, and being more beautiful, with time...... Enjoy your weekend!!!
*~~~*~~~*~~~*