Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Morning Bird Song... Less???

"Every year, back comes Spring, with nasty little birds yapping their fool heads off and the ground all mucked up with plants."
~~Dorothy Parker

>,-))))))

**~~~**~~~**~~~**

{Click on all pictures, to enlarge}


Unlike Dorothy Parker, I happen to love bird song. Especially first thing in the morning.

But I've been noticing a lack of it, when I wake up. We have a row of trees, next to our bedroom windows. Used to love when we could have windows open again, in nice weather. So I could hear bird song, first thing in the morning. Sometimes, even before it got really light.

Not so anymore. Of course I know I have difficulty hearing, unless something is in a direct line, to my ears. And even then, I have plenty of difficulty. But E. doesn't hear them, either. :-(


Have you noticed morning bird song, in your area? Have you paid any attention to what you hear now, compared to what you used to hear?

And I think what probably pops into a lot of our minds, is "Silent Spring."

I don't know if her book was ever scientifically proven or unproven. But.... All I know is that I don't like what I'm noticing. Less morning bird song.

Because unlike Dorothy P., less is not better to me, when it comes to birds singing...


{Above Lady from this Source}

{Poster Source}

**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**


Here is an interesting piece, which I saw yesterday. And today, it's at the top of Yahoo News blurbs. In this article {linked to below} a cognitive scientist says that humans can see into the future. It's nothing like the alleged predictive powers of Nostradamus. But we do get a glimpse of events one-tenth of a second before they occur.

If that makes you wonder what it's all about, please click here, to go to the article.
**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**