It's that time again... We are again coming up on the Full Moon... The May Full Moon is called the Full Flower Moon, according to the Farmers' Almanac. "In most areas, flowers are abundant everywhere during this time. Thus the name of this Moon." :-)
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
One never knows for sure, if the Full Moon Weather Effect will work, on the night of the true fullness. {What I refer to is, the way that on the night of the Full Moon, the sky is often clear. Does the Full Moon have some effect on the barometric pressure? I've even asked a Net friend, who is 'very-into' all about the sky. And he said there isn't any real scientific evidence for this Full-Moon-Clear-Sky thing. But that it's one of those often seen things. So, I guess one could call it, a Folk Lore thing. And Folk Lore is based on many generations of noticing the same natural effect happening.}
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
Anyway ~ 'tis time for the Great Moon Photo Quest again! Trying to capture the Moon, without an expensive camera and without special expensive zoom lens! Sorry, but only we who are camera equipment *challenged* are *allowed* to enter this particular Quest. >,-)))
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
It's that time again Vee! Cameras at the ready! Hope for clear skies! Be ready to step out whichever door allows us to see the rising moon! {Here, it's my back patio one, where I can catch it.} And click, click, click away!!! :-)
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
And never knowing what Tuesday night's weather will be, I jumped at the chance last night, to try, on the pre-Full Moon. And here are my humble attempts. Please note lots of cropping. And some tries at "Artsy-Fartsy." All are allowed to giggle behind their hands, at their own keyboards. But since we who enter the Great Moon Photo Quest are fragile as to critique, we ask you please to not giggle, in comments. >,-)))
One shot, caught both the Moon above, and a street light below. Instead of cropping this one, I left it. For sort of {remember, please no giggles in comments... -grin-} a "Light on high, and on low" effect. -shakes head- I know, I'm stretching here, with a caption. But... -chuckle- I got carried away with "artsy-fartsy." So ~ bite me! ,-)
Might as well 'hit you' with another cropping for "artsy-fartsy"... The Moon is cropped out, an only cloud effect left. Which I would call "Moon And Mountains." {remember the *ban* on giggles} ,-)
Here is one shot... And...
Here is the same shot, but cropped more. Now I wonder, which one is better? Oh well, who cares? :-)
And here is the Moon. Plain and simple. But not crisp and clear, I know. :-)
And this one, shows the big old tree, which was just to the right of the Moon, when I was taking the photos. I like this shot! :-)...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
UPDATE:
I just noticed Sherry's Moon Widget and it says...
Current Moon
Full Moon
100% of Full
Mon 19 May, 2008
And I was thinking it was tomorrow night {Tues.} :-)
...~~<-\=*+*=/->~~...
