Sunday, April 27, 2008

This and that, on April 27th...

@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /

~~My click-able links are in deep red.~~


{click on all pics, to make larger}

~~No I won't keep that particular 'Countdown Clock' on my Sidebar for too long. I know, it's distracting. But I was so excited, that I was able to grab one and install it, that I had to put it up, for a while.... >,-)~~

@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /

Picture Source

I have a Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the oven. The pic isn't mine as it's not even done yet. And I sprinkled some walnuts on the topping, before adding my cake. It says you can, in my old Fanny Farmer Cook Book.

Family is going in different directions till after dinner time today. But we'll gather for dessert.

And I'm very *proud* of myself. I made it totally from scratch! :-) And I'm trying to only eat the bread which my husband makes... And for something sweet, desserts which I make. That way, I
won't be getting any preservatives or hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup... those things they add to everything we buy. Too much of even home made goods, is not healthy. But I'm trying to *clean up my act* somewhat anyway.

@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /

'The Paris Apartment' blog has some lovely photos here... Of
spectacular images by Sarah Greenwood, for the film 'Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day'. Just look at one...
.
Photo Source

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! The setting, for the film, is between the Wars. Pure fantasy. I have to see this film when it comes out on DVD! Pure escape fantasy. Yessssssss! And I love that kind of a film. :-) I'd rather that, than sad reality, any day. :-)
@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /

Would anyone like to visit here {below}?


Or here {below}?


Or here {below}? No, I can't take you to such places. But I came across a blog which can. Vicariously anyway. Click here to go to the Profile Page of a blogger from Brooklyn NY, Erik Heywood. He has two blogs devoted to books... Books In New York where I got the above pictures... And Books At Home. To visit such, on our computer, is better than not seeing them, at all. :-)

@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /

And last but not least, I share with you, a reminder I came across last evening when blog surfing... It's a reminder to mark your calendars for the Fourth Annual WNGD, on May 3, 2008. What is that, say you. I didn't know either. 'Tis all news to me. But now that I know, I alerted my family, living next door and two doors down. I wouldn't want them to be surprised if I decided to take part!

^_^

@--->--->-- / @--->--->-- / @--->--->-- /