Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Of Spring, and colors, and birds bickering... :-)

All photos enlarge, if you click on them
All photos enlarge if you click on them

Why do I put different colors on diff words, above?

{But first, the photo above is the latest pic, of a tree to the west. It keeps leafing out, more and more, each day. It happens so quickly, that if you don't notice and take pics, it almost surprises you. :-) ~~ And now back to the topic at hand...}

Because I have fun with colors. But, I also know from experience, that people can't read each and every soft color, on their own monitors. I've never seen a true Yellow {Yellow}, which is easy to read, for instance. So when I "play in my color box," with words, I wonder who can read them and who can not? Plus, I know from experience, that one gets tired of trying to read print, in too soft/pale a color. Soooo, I guess, I'm opening up another one of those topics on which you can give your opinion,
if you wish to.


Blog typing in soft colors ~

How do you react to seeing blogger's words in color? ~
It's not only a personal preference ~
It also depends on how they look, on our individual computer screens ~
@-->-->--
<---a rose! ,-)

@-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->--



Lookie! Hosta is leafing out!!!

@-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->--

.
Our flowering Nantick Cherry bush is starting to flower!!! And smells delicious, already.
.
But I can't as yet, get a close-up of a blossom. :-( The weird thing about this photo is ~ If I wanted a soft close flower and a clear background, I got it. But I wanted it, the other way too! Who wants clear dirt and bottom of fence?!? -moan- ,-))))

@-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->--
.The little old bird house on neighbor's house, is getting some action again. But will it be short lived, like other years?
.In previous years, I've noticed birds flying in and out, obviously making a nest in there. Then. Nothing. It's as if they come by ~ think maybe it's cool ~ work on it a little ~ decide nope, they want to move on and find another place. Odd...
@-->-->--
Did anyone ever hear that the male of some little bird species {it's a little hole}, comes north first? He goes around and tries to find a good spot. He begins making a nest. Then she comes north and makes the final decision. Is that so? If so, I'll bet that's what happens! ,-)
@-->-->--
Every year, some male picks this house. And he starts fixing it up. Every year, a female comes and probably hollers at him for being sooooo stuuuuupid, as to pick this *dilapidated* old wreck of a bird house! And trying to foist it off on her, as their nesting place for the season! -giggles- Can't you just *hear it*? Hehhhhhh...
@-->-->--
And he's not about to argue with her. Especially in the spring time! She's very edgy and hormonal as is, and he's not going to argue about that old bird house, if she doesn't like it! So off they go, in search of a spot which will meet with her *exacting standards.* :-)))
@-->-->--
So now ~ next time you hear birds seeming to bicker back and forth, in the trees, they may really be bickering. Why not? I think all that little scenario above, is quite plausible. :-))))

@-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->-- * @-->-->--

All Posters