Friday, January 04, 2008

This and that, on a Friday in January

Do you have all your Christmas decorations down yet? Some gals seem to have set themselves to this task, on the stroke of midnight, between Dec. 25th and Dec. 26th. Some did it, after New Years Day. And then, there is me. Not much of anything removed, as yet. ~~~ But see above! One of three tree ornaments, in the shape of a heart.

They are hanging on the light fixture, over the eating table. And since they are heart shaped, they can continue to hang there, right through Valentine's Day!
How is that for thinking ahead? :-)))
But,
my best *excuse* is, that we are getting ready for the painter to come. Which entails much culling and throwing out of no longer necessary 'stuff'! Glorious! I love it! It is soooo wonderful to reclaim a room! And that's what is being done to the Front Room, right now. Reclamation!! Pure and simple.
But
doing this reclamation now... And putting away all the Christmas decorations too,
is *too much.* ,-) That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ,-)

Does anyone remember "Alien Eyes"? Here are more, on the refrigerator. Since it's inside, it may not fully fit the term of "Alien Eyes." But... It's still quite an interesting effect. Please scroll down here, to third photo, and see what this "AE" thing, is all about. :-)

Please click on pic, for a bigger view
This is a Winter twilight, taken out our bedroom window. I really wanted a photo of the light covered bush in front of neighbor's house. With snow on it, it's magical. But I don't "do zoom" yet, so this picture doesn't really show it well. I have to walk around the corner and take a pic, from right in front of the house, to really show the effect. And so far, I've not wanted to do this, after dark. ,-) But I don't think the snow is going to all melt away, too soon.
So I still have time.
~~~