By last night, I was feeling kind of battered by bad news, of and from friends and their families. Wow! What a day!
~~~
I'm not plugged into the local chit-chat and gossip line. I don't "do" The Ladies Who Lunch. So I miss a lot of this. Which is fine with me. I figure we all have our own set of close-by worries and I tend to feel that's about all I have the strength to concern myself with. But sometimes, what's on the periphery, has to break in. And I have to deal with it. So, deal with it, I will.
~~~
Of course I'll write supportive notes to people in need of it. Etc. But I still want to keep looking for the 'smiles.' My husband's long running Rotary Scholarship Foundation project has its yearly culmination, this weekend. So I'll concentrate on being happy for him, with that. My best pal's Red Sox won again last night. So I'll be happy with him, for that. Etc.
~~~
I can't keep my mind on those things I heard of, yesterday. If I did, I go down into 'doom and gloom.' I'd fold up and then I'd be another statistic, on the local "Oh isn't that awful!?!" chit-chat/gossip line. I not going there, voluntarily, if I can help it. :-)

On a lighter note ~ 5 days 'till Halloween! Do you have your costume yet? Better get one, if you're coming 'Trick or Treating' with me! ^_^
Vintage Cards from Hazel Ruth

I'm not plugged into the local chit-chat and gossip line. I don't "do" The Ladies Who Lunch. So I miss a lot of this. Which is fine with me. I figure we all have our own set of close-by worries and I tend to feel that's about all I have the strength to concern myself with. But sometimes, what's on the periphery, has to break in. And I have to deal with it. So, deal with it, I will.
~~~

Of course I'll write supportive notes to people in need of it. Etc. But I still want to keep looking for the 'smiles.' My husband's long running Rotary Scholarship Foundation project has its yearly culmination, this weekend. So I'll concentrate on being happy for him, with that. My best pal's Red Sox won again last night. So I'll be happy with him, for that. Etc.
~~~
I can't keep my mind on those things I heard of, yesterday. If I did, I go down into 'doom and gloom.' I'd fold up and then I'd be another statistic, on the local "Oh isn't that awful!?!" chit-chat/gossip line. I not going there, voluntarily, if I can help it. :-) 
On a lighter note ~ 5 days 'till Halloween! Do you have your costume yet? Better get one, if you're coming 'Trick or Treating' with me! ^_^
Vintage Cards from Hazel Ruth
