Sunday, June 17, 2007

Blogging Angst... Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnn


I hear your collective sighhhhhhhhh. And your thoughts of "Here she goes again".
Yes, here I go again. Will I ever get this right?!?! How to live happily, with blogging? With the comments-part of blogging? Oh I can rattle/blog on, almost every day, about this or that. I get ideas for blogging, way too many times a day.

But...
Getting the comments-part right....

I solve it. And in no time, my view of the best way to do it, dissolves again.
Over and over and over again.
.
I just looked. I have 120 subscriptions in my Google Reader. 120! Now granted, a few are photo blogs from around the world, and are weekly look-sees. But only a few!!!
The rest are "Pretty Blog Land" on-line-journals, which I have found. And which I don't want to lose the links to. I've tried to triage them. I've even tried to cull some. But ... as you can see, from the exorbitant number of 120, I have not done very well.
And the worst part is ~~~ it bothers me when I don't get to each and every one, even only every other day. And logic speaks to the impossibility of attempting to do that. But logic and I don't always mix well. I can know something, in my mind. But in my heart, I don't want to really know it. Don't want to really know it enough, to fully and consistently do it. -sigh-

And so, I torture myself with this issue. How silly is that?!? To take my "Pretty Blog Land," which I found, as a respite from life's worries... And turn it into a worry and a form of internal torture and all that. How silly is that? How many people do such? I hope, not many.

Then again, maybe more people than I, do this!!! Maybe, I'm not the only one out here. Who can't stop keeping every-and-all pretty blogs, she comes across. Who just has to comment in each and every one of them. And then, many of these lovely people come and visit in ours. And our reading list just keeps growing and growing, like a snowball racing downhill. Getting more and more, out of our control. Our Blog Joy becoming more and more of a burden and a chore and a source of emotional pain, when we can't keep up with visiting all.

If anyone else is like me, please share. Any problem seems less huge, knowing that we are not the only ones struggling with it.

And those who have conquered this issue.... I know there are such people out there. I have read them and so wished I could do as they have done. Those who have gotten a handle on this issue, please share {again} with me. Please...
Please let me know that I can be wise in my blog visiting. And that it will be accepted. And nice people will not be hurt by me not visiting/commenting, as much as I would really like to. And as they naturally,
would really like me/us to.


Because regardless, no matter how much we may strive to only make a record of things, for our own future reference...... I think we all love to know that someone else is reading tooo.
And especially, that others are appreciating our blogs enough, to comment. You all know by now, that I think Comments are important. I love to make them. I naturally love to receive them. I sort of consider them to be the top rung of Blogging Life. :-)
Yes, silly I suppose. Yes, I suppose so.
But then, we all know I'm silly, don't we???? >,-)

So I repeat.... Pllllueeeeeeeeeeeeezzze help me. By letting me know that I'm not alone. And by {again} telling me, how you came to grips with this problem. And maybe, just maybe, I'll learn this time. I'll internalize it, this time. And thus stop 'bugging' you with these
repeat 'Blogging Angst' entries!!!

Paintings of John William Waterhouse at AllPosters.com