Doesn't the lady in this romantic Victorian picture, look as if she has chosen this moment? Fully and personally chosen to live this moment, in this exact manner... In the peace of nature... Which brings peace of mind. As the quote says.... Today. Her today.
.
Wouldn't we all love to do the same, with each/all of our todays? Really treat all of them, as if they were as precious, as if they were our last?
.
I know this sounds a bit morbid, but I don't want it to be. Not at all!
Just kind of common sense. :-)


Wouldn't we all love to do the same, with each/all of our todays? Really treat all of them, as if they were as precious, as if they were our last?
.
I know this sounds a bit morbid, but I don't want it to be. Not at all!
Just kind of common sense. :-)


Most of us would choose to do {all the time} what seems best, to us. But life doesn't work that way, most of the time. And even when life cooperates, and we do have the luxury of really choosing our moments, for ourselves and our wishes alone, how many times do we do this? Or does the time pass, and we never really considered what we filled it with?
.

Perhaps the more we have 'on our plate' so to speak, the more we do take advantage of
those lovely/infrequent times, we have all to ourselves. Perhaps when we have more free time,
at our disposal, for whatever reason... We tend to 'fritter it away' more easily. Sad to say, I think I'm this way.
.
.When I was raising young children, and I had a rare afternoon 'off,' I really looked forward to it. Didn't take it for granted and just waste the time. I planned the time. We didn't have lots of disposable income in those days, so it didn't involve spending money. What it did involve was spending my free time, doing something enjoyable. 'Fixing myself up' and going downtown, through stores, just looking. Just enjoying being a little more dressed up, than an at-home-Mommy usually is. And just wandering and looking and walking... 'No big deal.'

But I bet I enjoyed those rare and individual afternoons off, more than I enjoy a month of my present afternoons. Which now seem to most always be... afternoons off. :-)
.

Perception!
How our perception changes.
Depending on the scarceness, or the bounty, of personal time.
.
.Vintage Rose Graphics
