Monday, February 26, 2007

I have a little problem...

**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**

I have a little problem...

A little problem of etiquette.


I finally got up the courage to sign with my own name. Instead of just initials.
And that was fine. Many ladies were sweet enough to say many sweet things,
in comment. Like they like my name and etc.

But...

I've seen it being spelled, not as I spell it. -sigh- I really love my name and I really love the way it is spelled. Actually, I was named with 'Mary' and 'Nancy' being spelled with 'Y's.' As I just typed them. The usual way of spelling these names.

But in High School, I decided that I liked the ending of 'i'. I did away with the 'y' and substituted 'i' and "never looked back."

Now, this is not a big thing, I know. How the last letter of a name is spelled.
Not a big thing, as big things go.

But to me, it is. -sigh- I spell my name as Mari-Nanci and I chose to do so, many years ago and I still love it, this way. -sigh-

So my problem is ~~ Is it correct etiquette, to point this out to people? When I see they are not spelling it, as I choose, is it proper to gently remind them
of the correct spelling?

On one hand, I think yes. One's name is very important to us. It's been with us for many years. {Many, many years for 'yours truly.'} :-)
It's part of me. It's important to me.

On the other hand, maybe I should not pay any attention to my name being wrongly spelled. Maybe it's not nice to point it out, to people. Of course they aren't doing it 'on purpose.' Of course not! No one would think that. We all fly through so much of what we do. Especially the part of life, which is our Blog Life. We have lots to enjoy in our Blog Life and limited time to spend on it and.... so...... we fly! -sigh- No intention of being unkind, along the way.

Soooo..... there is my little problem. I'm silly enough to worry about such. I don't want to be unkind to anyone, for no reason. I don't want to be unkind to anyone in my "Pretty Blog Land," especially. Everyone here is sweet and kind and dear and pleasant and.....

So, have I breached the Net-iquette of Blog Land? By saying to anyone, that my name has not been spelled correctly
?
-sigh-
-sigh-
-sigh-



**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**