Something very interesting happened.... I found a Comment here. Very first one. It's especially interesting because, I'd been planning on some blogging, on the topic of... what do we really want from our Journaling experience.
I'm not new to blogging. But I felt I wanted to escape the venue I used previously. Why?
Because I was tired of the 'facts-of-life', in that venue. Having a so-called-Friends-List. And all the baggage which goes with it. You accumlate a F-list and you accumulate a *duty* to read each and every one of them. And to make many Comments in their blogs. And you develope a personal *need,* to find Comments in your own.
Part of the issue is, in that Journaling venue, one can lock one's posting. Many people do, for numerous reasons. And on the other side of this issue, many people _want_ the ability to lock posting and filter who can read their words and see their pictures. So the F-list is a built-in necessity, for access to many people's entries.
And certainly, this [filtering] can have its wise uses. But on the other hand, don't give out so much personal information, nor post pictures of people, which one does not want to be public. But, to each his/her own, on this issue.
Along the way, I've read people who say that other venues of Journaling are more to their liking. Places like this Blogger.com and others. Where there is no F-list. And so, no partiular drive to see Comments on one's entries.
They said they were useing Blogger, etc., for just what _they_ wanted to say. Without undue consideration of how their words/views would be accepted [or not accepted] by any/all people who happened to read their entries. Which sounded freeing.
So I tried it.... Wiped out my first try.... Began this one.... So far so good.
I'm really not _ranting_ here. Nor do I want to rant, here. Nor completely bareing my soul. Nor posting any pics of people in my life. And I am finding many, many lovely blogs to visit.
Soooo... where does that leave me?
~~Am I simply filling in a new form of a 'Friends List', by finding and bookmarking so many neat blogs, to visit?
~~Am I going to feel any *duty* to Comment?
~~Or will I be able to stay with making occassional Comments?
~~Am I going to be in 'secret hopes' of finding more Comments, here in mine?
Interesting questions, all. They are mine, to answer for myself. But I wonder if anyone else has had them, also...
[Hmmm, guess my Spell Checker does _not_ work.]