
It's hard to concentrate on Wishing Everyone a Happy September, with all the sad news concerning hurricane Gustav.
Hard to contemplate the beauty and joy of Autumn in the NE, when so many people have been displaced from their homes, by this random act of nature. My heart goes out to all of them. And my attention seems to keep returning to the news of Gustav.
I'm lucky enough to be enjoying a magnificent day in my safe and secure home. It would be fun to simply look at the beauty of nature today, and contemplate the 'Baking Urge' which comes over me, when Autumn is near. :-) But I can't, totally.
But I'm not indulging in constant news, news, news, either. For one thing, it kind of 'drives my husband crazy' to have constant news on the tv. He being wise! Because when we stay immersed in troubles, about which we can do nothing at the moment, it's of no help to anyone. Not to the people affected. Nor to ourselves, nor those around us, in our own little circle.
But I wanted to wish everyone a Happy September.
Even though our country's heart is heavy, for those who are being so disrupted and hurt by this hurricane.
{Photos from 'Victoria' magazine, Sept. '95}*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*