Friday, September 26, 2008

Needing that 'cozy feeling'...

Oh Dear Reader,
I simply havvvvvvvvvvve to get some "decorating ooomph" going, in me! It's a cool and rainy day here, and I'm just feeling kind of sorry for myself. But look at how an artist feels about a similar day... "The day is quite perfectly cool, overcast and steadily drizzling rain... putting me in such a cozy, sit by the stove curled up in my Great Ganny's quilt kind of mood (just the thing for pouring over a Wilkie Collins novel, methinks!!)" If she can view a drizzling day, like that... Well, it must be because of her artistic bent. I really need to try to resurrect mine.


Once upon a time, I did do some things... Like simple sewing, and drawing and working with pastels. I even tried oil painting but... the Great Masters have nothing to fear, from me, on that score. :-))) I think I ought to try my hand at something artistic, again. It's going to be a long, cold winter. And I'd really like to face it, with the sweet feelings with which this lady faces a cool, overcast and drizzling-rain day.

Wishing you much, to give you that cozy feeling...

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci

{Pic source}