First thing, Dear Reader ~ Please let me say a heartfelt Thank You to you, for stopping by here and reading. Even when I'm not allowing Comments, and not being faithful with Commenting in other's blogs. It is very, very sweet of you, to stop by. And I really, really appreciate it. {The Site Counter shows that some visits are still happening} But the total number of visits, doesn't matter. I write for you, who are reading my words, right now. And I want to tell you that I appreciate your visits! Much. Much. Very much.~~~**~~~
Oh my sakes alive! If I wasn't so at ease with my lack of decorating skills, I could get very upset with myself, these days... When going around in Pretty Blog Land. What amazing things lots of you ladies do! I love Autumn. But so many of you, simply "sing" of Autumn, with how you decorate your homes and etc. Oh my! Oh my!
And yes, I do get a wee bit grumpy, with myself. That I just don't seem to have the knack or something. Oh I put up some things. But it's never the grand displays which lots of ladies can make. And the Christmas Season is right around the corner and that will truly bring out the Artist, in so many. Oh sigh... :-) Oh well, we do what we can, and we admire those who do more.

Speaking of doing more.... I saw instructions on how to gild a pumpkin and I just loved the look. But I also know I'm not going to go through all the pouring guilding paint into a bucket of water and dipping a pumpkin in it and then letting it dry. I'm just not going to. And I'm not going to get "long suffering husband" to do it either. He's got way too many needed projects to tick off his list, right now, and simply doesn't have time to "play with" guilding pumpkins. ,-)
The sun doth shine today, and I need to really soak up the enjoyment of it. {Especially since I finally finished a week of a heavy antibiotic and am now able to be out in the sun, once again. It was sort of like being a Vampire. -giggles-} Last time I looked, we were in for 6 days of various forms of rain. Eeeeeeeeek! This will test my I-Love-Autumn mantra. And it will also test my wish to not turn on the furnace, till September is over.<---Silly, I know. But I like to have these little "plans." :-)))) I also know.... when it's cold and damp... You bake! :-) But I already made another Apple Pie. And last home Volleyball game, I brought some home made Chocolate Chip Cookies to the Grands, who play on both JV and Varsity. They {and their friends} LOVED them!!!!!!!! So now, I have to do that, for the next home game, also. :-) There aren't that many home games, so when I find out the exact date of the next, I'll be making them. And I do have some Sour Cream, waiting to become big Sour Cream Cookies. :-)
Plus, I could always make/freeze some Breads, like Banana Bread, and Applesauce Bread and the like. Yes, I guess I could 'stay warm' for a couple of days, doing that. :-)))) But that won't warm the Den, where my computer is.
I hope you are having a sweet Autumn day, in your neck of the woods. Savor it. Savor it. They only last just so long. And then, the rains of November will set in. -sigh- So, we simply have to savor Autumn while it lasts. {And friends in the Southern Hemisphere are welcoming Spring!}
Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
"In this sequestered nook
how sweet
To sit upon
my orchard-seat!"
~~William Wordsworth