Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A little "down," but up again...

{All pics can be clicked on, to enlarge}

I've been a little "under the weather," but perked up again.
It's too pretty a time of year, to stay "down," for too long. Unless it simply can't be helped.It's 'nesting' time, for sure. :-) Although I still don't have any truly Autumn things around yet. I looked for some little pumpkins when out yesterday but didn't see any real ones. Guess I'll have to go out to the flower nursery, to find a nice selection. I'd really like a white one this year. Never had one! So it will be something new. :-)

I'm eagerly awaiting the Susan Branch 'Autumn' book to come into the library for me. She always gets me in the mood for a true Season change. And nope, I don't own one myself. It's a Seasonal book and I can get it from the library.
I did find an Autumn sounding candle in my quick outing though. "Warm Caramel Corn" scent. Yummmmmmm... Doesn't that sound delicious? :-) One of those big ones, in a glass jar. I like them in glass holders this way, since you never have to worry about how to place them safely. No, they aren't as pretty as free standing candles but... If it's to be in a kitchen setting, where it needs to be moved so you can use the island work space, I find it makes the most sense, for me.

One of the issues with Autumn decorating, for me, is... That orange doesn't go with my rosy hues of decoration. Not that well, any way. So it kind of needs to be introduced, sparingly. :-) Some real pumpkins and some candles can do it.
Or I suppose I could go with the 'Grape Theme.' Fully ripened, delicious grapes are a sign of the ripeness of Autumn. That's for sure! Like these gorgeous Grape Lights! Oh my. Oh sigh. :-)))) As always, thank you so much for stopping by.

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci


*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*