Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two strong ladies. Will I learn from them...?

Interesting times in Blog Land...

What with all the love poured out, for Dear Tasha Tudor. Tasha, who lived her entire life, as she chose to live it. Always following her own bliss. Never paying
any-never-mind to what others thought or said or expected of her. Oh how glorious {to me} a way to live one's life.

And earlier in the week, I found a blog which is so unique, that I simply had to make an entry about it. Because when I came on a beautiful blog, which did not allow comments on each and every post, it "blew my mind." :-)

Though no-comments is the usual way there, she does have a way for people to make contact with her. Which is a very good thing because some people like me, who tend to rattle on a lot, might have *exploded* from the inability to tell her how amazing her blog is. :-)


Along with the 'no comments' policy, goes the unstated but logical fact, that this
strong lady does not need comments. They are not the 'fuel' which drives the 'engine' of her on-line-journaling life. Nor does she need to seek-out comments, by making comments in other people's blogs. Which says to me that she does her on-line-journaling, simply for the fun and joy, which it brings to her. And if others enjoy what she does, that's simply "icing the cake," so to speak.

Which sounds marvelous
, because it's so rare. Doing something, just because it's joyful for one's self. Doing something, simply because it feels right for you.

And needing no applause...


Hmmm, does this sound a lot like Tasha Tudor's life view? It does. :-)

*~~* {But of course, noticing these things in no means that *~~*
*~~* all people have to do as Tasha did *~~*
*~~* or as Lauren does!!! *~~*
*~~* We are individuals. Free to choose our own way.} *~~*


But for me, that makes one week, with my noticing two strong ladies... who did/are living life, on their own terms. Two in one week! Am I learning something here? Or should I be learning something here?


Maybe, to learn how to live my life, on my own terms. Whatever that may entail. To work on figuring this out. To put more effort into trying to do so, at least. I pay a lot of lip-service to this. I make a lot of "noise" about how I live life on my own terms. But, when it "comes down to brass tacks" {as the old saying goes}, do I?

Really?

Consistently?

Or do I do it, half-heartedly?

Make decisions, and then, go back on them?


Conveniently *forget* them?


And then, *wring my hands* over not reaching a goal, yet again?

Tough questions. Am I strong enough to fully answer them, this time?

*
~~
*~~*~~*

But going back to an old mantra of mine...

If not now, when?

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*