Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hurry...


Hurry...

{Mmmm, do we see a pattern here, in this blog? Words. Wonder how long this will continue?} :-)

Hurry... Wonder who coined that word for the very first time, in whatever language came first? Probably 'Mog' and 'Grog' and their need to escape from a saber toothed tiger. And then all the dictators and masters, down through the centuries, kept saying it... to their underlings. "Hurry, and do what I told you!" "Hurry and get this work done, for me!" "Hurry and do whatever I demand of you!"

Doesn't sound very good, does it?

I doubt anyone reading in "Pretty Blog Land," has to keep an eye out for saber toothed tigers. Or lives under a dictator or a 'master' or lord-of-the-manor, etc. I see people reading here, as being lucky to not live such lives.

Oh sure, many free people still live under duress of some authority, but only because they allow it. Only because they have given over their free will, to another person or entity.

But for the majority of us, why do we hurry?

If we're mothers in charge of children, we hurry to keep up with them and keep them safe. Same goes for grandparents, in care of grands. And if we want a smooth running life, we keep up with certain duties like laundry, and meals and general cleaning/straightening up. And those who work, have duties to accomplish. But in all these cases, how much hurry is really necessary? And how much is self imposed?

When did it becomes a *virtue,* to always be in-a-hurry? When did it become a *Badge-Of-Honor,* to always be rushed? To have way too many tasks scheduled, for way too little time? What's the saying; "If you want something done, ask a busy person"?

Why? How come? Who decided all of this? Who set the standard, to which all must try to adhere?

Who gave them this right??????? Did you? Did I? Did your neighbor?

Bethca' not many said; "Right! That's how I want to live my life! I fully concur, with hurry, hurry, hurry." So..... Why do most of us, buy into it? Why do most of us feel we have to hurry? Why?

And why do we keep hurrying? When we realize that we never did say "Yes"?