Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Of language, and a summer 'off'... :-)

{Our old gunnite pool still looks inviting. Even though the old filter had to be replaced. Twice in nearly 40 years, isn't toooo bad. ,-)}

Look, my 'Smilnsigh' name, in Japanese!

さんは書きました...

I love to follow this lovely girl's blog at 'Nottingham'. Now she is on a holiday at
home, and has her Tokyo blog. And commenting there, I just noticed that my 'Smilnsigh' is written in her language. So I copied and pasted it... Hope it comes out properly, in my blog. :-))))
~~~~~~~~~~

{Gnome, watching waterlilies}

Today Artsy Etc. posted such a lovely piece about summertime, that I had to copy it. Thank you Artsey Etc.

"Ripe was the drowsy hour;
The blissful cloud of summer-indolence
Benumb'd my eyes."
~~John Keats


Yummy... Yes?
~~~~~~~~~~

{Close-up of a flower, on what we call the Hummingbird vine. Don't remember the true name of it... But Hummingbirds like to visit it...}

How does taking a month off, sound to you? Like an impossible dream, hu!?! Same here. But! It's not about really taking a month's holiday somewhere. It's almost an "inner" holiday. Because it consists of things like...

Tired of the striving?
Tired of endless goal setting?

What if you could take just 4 weeks off?
Don't try to lose weight. Don't worry about getting more organized. Don't try to get ahead at whatever one's 'job' may be.

Beth {click-able link below} continues... I can see some of you panicking already. if you don't push yourself, you think, you will end up being a lazy slob who ends up with nothing.


But you aren't made to go all out all the time. You need some time to regain your energy and be happy with how far you have already come.


If you need a goal, try this one: I will see how many different ways I can have fun this month. And tell us what happened this month.

I found all this, on My Simpler Life Where you can find more...

Doesn't a real "Summer-Off" sound delicious? Not off of everything. Just off of driving ourselves, maybe? :-)


{These Hosta flowers are just taking it easy... Blooming in a bit of a wild looking area, out back}

{The pink rose which I was previously taking pics of... Quit blooming for a bit, and put out new growth. And now, there is a new bud coming, down toward the bottom left}

See... The Rose bush took a little holiday. Re-grouped. Now it's ready to put out more lovely blossoms. Maybe if we try some of the thoughts on that My Simpler Life entry above ~~ Maybe we could be like the Rose bush... Maybe... :-)


~~~~~~~~~~