
My *poor* husband... Today is his Birthday and he couldn't even sleep till the usual hour he prefers. Tomorrow is Opening Day At The Track {the 140th Season of exclusive NYS Thoroughbread racing} and the whole city is getting spruced up for it. Especially the caretakers of the big summer homes of the Rich & Famous. ,-)
See, we live on a street with little houses, behind a street with big houses. So, when the big houses caretakers work, we hear them. And the caretaker nearest, was out cutting some of the lawn, a little after 7am this morning! So, since it was a lovely night and we slept with windows open ~~ needless to say, my husband couldn't stay asleep. He up and showered and came down. But... then the lawn cutting stopped! ,-)
But then, it sounded like he was banging on something like an oil drum. ??? LOL...
Then, my husband's *Morning Newspaper* has not been delivered yet! We get 2 newspapers a day and he reads one in the morning and one in the evening. *Religiously*... >,-) But the *Morning* one is late! Eeek!
None of these things, bodes well for the Day hu? :-) Nahhh, he's not phased. It's a milestone number and so ~~ why sweat being awakened early? Or having to switch from reading the *Morning* newspaper, to reading the *Evening* newspaper, in the morning? Very small stuff!!!
Update! *Morning Newspaper* arrived! All is right with the world! :-)
One of the Grand's Birthday was this past Sunday. I put lots of sparkles on her present wrapping paper. Needless to say, we have sparkles popping up, all over the place, still. I can imagine that there are even more sparkles around, next door. Where the paper was torn off. -grin-

I'd like to say Thank You to all who joined in on the little "Blogging Look" discussion in Comments, the other day. Especially for anyone who did not agree with the ideas for Blogging, which it contained. It's always easy to comment "Agree". But it's not so easy to comment, "Disagree". And yet, a discussion needs more than one side to an issue.
And disagreement can be calm. It really can be. Maybe we equate disagreement, with being loud about it. Not necessary to be thus. This was not an easy lesson for me to learn, for sure. But the tiny bit I've been trying, in the very near past... I feel much better about. Feel I am coming to learning {I hope} the art of simple, calm stating of facts as I see them. I hope.
Funny thing is, I came to what I call "Pretty Blog Land" in Blogger, to escape from disagreement. But that was noisy, nasty, very unpleasant back and forth stuff, from which I was escaping. And I needed to escape from it!
But, golly gee, "Not everyone likes Vanilla Ice Cream best!" :-) Not everyone likes to do all their decorating in shades of Rose Color. Not everyone likes classical music. Not everyone loves Pizza. And on and on and on and on.
Variety! It's lovely. It's beautiful. It makes for texture and inspiration and perks us up. We need our own choices, yes! We need to surround ourselves with what we resonate with. But... But... But... Don't we also need to take a quiet peek, at the other guy/gal's choices too? :-) Always without any inference, that one way is the only way.

{Please remember, if you want to see any of my Medium Size photos, larger... simply click on them.}
See, we live on a street with little houses, behind a street with big houses. So, when the big houses caretakers work, we hear them. And the caretaker nearest, was out cutting some of the lawn, a little after 7am this morning! So, since it was a lovely night and we slept with windows open ~~ needless to say, my husband couldn't stay asleep. He up and showered and came down. But... then the lawn cutting stopped! ,-)
But then, it sounded like he was banging on something like an oil drum. ??? LOL...
Then, my husband's *Morning Newspaper* has not been delivered yet! We get 2 newspapers a day and he reads one in the morning and one in the evening. *Religiously*... >,-) But the *Morning* one is late! Eeek!
None of these things, bodes well for the Day hu? :-) Nahhh, he's not phased. It's a milestone number and so ~~ why sweat being awakened early? Or having to switch from reading the *Morning* newspaper, to reading the *Evening* newspaper, in the morning? Very small stuff!!!
Update! *Morning Newspaper* arrived! All is right with the world! :-)
One of the Grand's Birthday was this past Sunday. I put lots of sparkles on her present wrapping paper. Needless to say, we have sparkles popping up, all over the place, still. I can imagine that there are even more sparkles around, next door. Where the paper was torn off. -grin-
I'd like to say Thank You to all who joined in on the little "Blogging Look" discussion in Comments, the other day. Especially for anyone who did not agree with the ideas for Blogging, which it contained. It's always easy to comment "Agree". But it's not so easy to comment, "Disagree". And yet, a discussion needs more than one side to an issue.
And disagreement can be calm. It really can be. Maybe we equate disagreement, with being loud about it. Not necessary to be thus. This was not an easy lesson for me to learn, for sure. But the tiny bit I've been trying, in the very near past... I feel much better about. Feel I am coming to learning {I hope} the art of simple, calm stating of facts as I see them. I hope.
Funny thing is, I came to what I call "Pretty Blog Land" in Blogger, to escape from disagreement. But that was noisy, nasty, very unpleasant back and forth stuff, from which I was escaping. And I needed to escape from it!
But, golly gee, "Not everyone likes Vanilla Ice Cream best!" :-) Not everyone likes to do all their decorating in shades of Rose Color. Not everyone likes classical music. Not everyone loves Pizza. And on and on and on and on.
Variety! It's lovely. It's beautiful. It makes for texture and inspiration and perks us up. We need our own choices, yes! We need to surround ourselves with what we resonate with. But... But... But... Don't we also need to take a quiet peek, at the other guy/gal's choices too? :-) Always without any inference, that one way is the only way.

{Please remember, if you want to see any of my Medium Size photos, larger... simply click on them.}