It is now Post Time!!! Well, it was Post Time at 1PM.
And a soggy one it is, for the Opening Day of the 140th Season of exclusive NYS Thoroughbred Racing. Please click here, just because I love it. :-)-->Call To The Post.
We don't bet. We don't go to the track. So why am I so excited? Because I've lived here for {this will be} 50 Racing Seasons, and it's fun. Even if one doesn't go, or bet. It's fun to watch all the Rich & Famous, doing 'their thing,' this Season.
And what they do, along with the track and polo, is raise much money for charitable causes. Just about every party/dance/gathering of any kind, is to raise money for good causes. So, it's not just 'play.' It's good works, which go to help causes around the area.
But for me, it's just fun. Looking at the pictures and write-ups in the paper and on tv. {I watch more local tv news in Aug. than all year long.} And even if one has to learn to shop early to beat the traffic, it's kind of fun to have your city be so bustling. Anyway, we "locals" know the 'back way around,' and even when traffic is bumper-to-bumper on Broadway, we know that if you go down one street to Maple Ave., you can practically whizzzzz from one end of town to the other. ,-)
And everything is prettied up, "to the 9's," as they say. Lots of photo ops and that's always good for me!
Look what came in the mail, from Julie! Who ahemmm... btw.... needs to update her blog. ,-) In her drawing, I won this gorgeous book "Return To Fairyopolis." And she enclosed the 2nd book in the "Stonewylde" series. {See the cover? That is what 'being moongazy is about. -smile-}

The whole 'Fairyopolis' book is enchanting. And look at the pop-up effect in the back. My photo doesn't do it justice, but it's magical. Thank you Julie! For the 'Fairyopolis' book and for lending "Moondance of Stonewylde" to me. So I can see What Happens Next!!! :-)
And a soggy one it is, for the Opening Day of the 140th Season of exclusive NYS Thoroughbred Racing. Please click here, just because I love it. :-)-->Call To The Post.
We don't bet. We don't go to the track. So why am I so excited? Because I've lived here for {this will be} 50 Racing Seasons, and it's fun. Even if one doesn't go, or bet. It's fun to watch all the Rich & Famous, doing 'their thing,' this Season.
And what they do, along with the track and polo, is raise much money for charitable causes. Just about every party/dance/gathering of any kind, is to raise money for good causes. So, it's not just 'play.' It's good works, which go to help causes around the area.
But for me, it's just fun. Looking at the pictures and write-ups in the paper and on tv. {I watch more local tv news in Aug. than all year long.} And even if one has to learn to shop early to beat the traffic, it's kind of fun to have your city be so bustling. Anyway, we "locals" know the 'back way around,' and even when traffic is bumper-to-bumper on Broadway, we know that if you go down one street to Maple Ave., you can practically whizzzzz from one end of town to the other. ,-)
And everything is prettied up, "to the 9's," as they say. Lots of photo ops and that's always good for me!
~~~**~~~**~~~
Look what came in the mail, from Julie! Who ahemmm... btw.... needs to update her blog. ,-) In her drawing, I won this gorgeous book "Return To Fairyopolis." And she enclosed the 2nd book in the "Stonewylde" series. {See the cover? That is what 'being moongazy is about. -smile-}

The whole 'Fairyopolis' book is enchanting. And look at the pop-up effect in the back. My photo doesn't do it justice, but it's magical. Thank you Julie! For the 'Fairyopolis' book and for lending "Moondance of Stonewylde" to me. So I can see What Happens Next!!! :-)
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~

