Monday, June 23, 2008

Musings... on Monday...

*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*
E.'s Pink Spirea bush, has bloomed. It's later than the White Spirea. At least here it is, anyway. Wondering if anyone else has Pink Spirea bush, and if it seems to bloom a bit later...?

Rose, after rain. It continues to change, as it ages. :-)
*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*

We seem to be in a weather pattern, where T-storms roll in every morning. Sometimes they hang around for a couple of hours. Sometimes they return. The sky changes from overcast to sunny, and back to overcast. Guess you'd call this "Changeable Weather." :-) Which sounds rather feminine in nature, hu? -giggles-
*
~*
Don't 'beat me up,' for that last line, if you have heavy Feminist leanings! I just had that thought, and I wrote it. >,-))) I don't mind saying that "Changeable Weather" sounds feminine. But some may, and that is their right.
*~*
I believe that women should have all the rights, which any person has. Plus, I also choose to want many of what today may be called "old ideas." I don't mind
admitting that my moods can be "changeable." I don't mind the use of what used to be called "Feminine Wiles." I don't mind a door being held open, for me. I don't mind a man trying to make me "feel special." Because I am! Dang it, I am. As each woman is. What is that Maya Angelou poem... 'Phenomenal Woman'... :-) Great poem, especially for 'the older woman.' It shows that we don't have to "loose it all," after our nubile teens and 20's. :-))))
*~*
Wow, how did I get going on this? I started with a "weather report." And zipped into this. I do jump around! >,-)

*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*

Another 'Old Rose,' after the rain...
*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*

Diane asked for the recipe for the Banana Pineapple Bread, from yesterday...
~~~~
Tropical Banana Loaf

3 c. all purpose flour
2 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
3 eggs
1 1/4 c. veg. oil

2 t. vanilla extract
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas (4-5 medium)
{I added walnuts, not too broken up}

In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla. Add fruits. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. {I added walnuts} Pour into two greased bread loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until
tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
*~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*

Out front... Pink and silver, this year...

*
~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~**~~~*