Friday, May 23, 2008

Of flowers, cars, and fashion 'flops,' among other things....

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~
Some Lily of the Valley are out, and the fragrance it so lovely... I had to pick one and bring it in. But it was one, which was kind of hidden by ferns, though.

And I know... They are white. And I told you that old Alma gave E. pink ones. But she also told him, that pink ones will eventually give way to white. -sigh- And it looks like this may have happened... But I haven't given up hope for some pink ones to remain, near the original place he planted hers. They aren't open yet, but I'll keep watch. :-)
~~~***~~~

And this {above} is some sort of a tiny flower... Called 'Sea Pink' or some such... They are in a wee clump. And another wee clump is nearby. But the second clump has not started to bloom yet.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

Oh my! Could this be titled "Give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves"? Even in fashion! {Please click here}

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~


This is a photo of the prototype of a not-yet-available new Honda Hybrid. Now prototypes are usually extremely sexy and etc. As this certainly is! I showed this pic to my husband and he had to do a Search on it! -grin- It's a Looker, that's for sure. :-))))
~~~***~~~
But it's not going to be available yet. And when it is available, it will run only on hydrogen {I think} and only be available to lease. And only in southern CA, since that's the only place you will be able to buy the fuel.
~~~***~~~
But all in all, it's a terribly exciting concept. And one which will have the gas/oil companies having *conniption fits*! Because if/when this concept catches on, it will be a really viable alternative energy source. I guess. I say I guess, because corn was touted as being wonderful, and it isn't. When one looks at the total picture, it isn't.
~~~***~~~
But this sure is one neat lookin' automobile!!! :-) Good for dreaming. :-)

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

Looking back on this date, a year ago... {Click here please} How funny! I was upset by needing comment moderation. Now, it's the only way I blog. :-)

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

You've heard of the Leaning Tower of Pissa...

Well, I leave you with a photo of a Leaning Tree of Saratoga. ,-)
~~~***~~~
Last evening, I was going up a walkway, I've been up many times. We were on our way to the National Honor Society Installation program. One Granddaughter is already a member and another, was being inducted last evening.
~~~***~~~
Anyway... Taking photos has made me notice more, that's for sure! I had a "Photo Oppppp!" moment. I noticed this odd looking leaning tree and had to stop, get my camera out, back down the path a little, and get a shot or two. :-)

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~