
Read somewhere... Be satisfied with what you have, but never satisfied, with what you are.
Hmmmm...

I like the "be satisfied with what you have" part. Especially in a cycle of downturn in the economy, which seems to be happening now.

But that "never be satisfied with what you are," kind of makes me wonder... Maybe it depends a lot on your age. I'd like to say that I'm basically satisfied with who I am, by now! -grin- Sure I'd like to continue to work on being more healthy, etc., etc. But basically, at the nitty-gritty core of my me-ness, I sure hope I'm satisfied with who I am. Otherwise, it seems getting up in the morning would be a terrible chore. It would be like facing another day, with a person {myself} whom I don't like and am not happy to be around. -sigh-
Every day would be a series of pushing and prodding, to make myself different, in some way. Whether one calls it ~ becoming better. Or becoming this or that or whatever. A constant push, push, push and pull, pull, pull. Kind of treating one's self like we were silly-putty. Like we are supposed to be able to be squeezed this way, and squashed that way... to come out different in the end.

But exactly, when is that 'end' going to be? When we are satisfied that we are now "practically perfect" {to borrow a phrase from 'Mary Poppins'}? Will we get up some morning and realize that we are?!? We are the best we can be! We are practically perfect! We need no more tweaking or work done on us, by us!

Mmmmm... Then what?
^_^

Pictures found at Welcome To Victoriana