Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday, Saturday...

An exciting day today... Our oldest Granddaughter moves up from JV Basketball, to Varsity Basketball. It's post season tournament play and she gets her first chance, today. Yaaaaa, a big move. Which you couldn't be expected to appreciate, unless you or your family are into
High School sports. :-)

It's especially fun for me, who never played any sports whatsoever. ' Back at the beginning of time,' it wasn't done. Plus, even in Grade School pick-up Baseball games, I was never picked. -sigh- ,-) I was not coordinated. Not long boned. Not confident, playing with the boys.


Nope, I saved my 'playing with the boys,' for later......... ,-)


But in today's world, it's totally different! Our Granddaughter has been playing most all sports, since Junior High. And... I will have you know... Though she eats like a horse, to be able to participate in all this running and practicing and playing... She is still model material and the most "Fashionista" of "Fashionistas"!!! And to show her scholastic prowess, she gets High Honors, and recently got 98% in HS Math Regents. I love, love, love that she can do at all! -happy sigh- No more being pegged as "just a brain," or just "a jock," or "just a girlie-girl." Life has certainly changed for the better, in this department. :-)


Just checked the weather report. "Snow Advisory in effect from noon today to 2 am EST Sunday..." Wheeeeee... Which means, no sun today, yet again. Actually, the forecast continues to say our only peek of sunshine will be this coming Monday. Then back to non-sun. This week, there have been breaks of sun. But a full sunny day has not been around in so long. Yish... Yes, 'tis the time of year, when it gets harder and harder to not get SAD. Even if one doesn't usually have it.

So Monday, I think I would like to do only, that which allows me to do it, viewing sunlight. Outside... Inside... Whatever... Do all, with the sun shining on me. :-)


Only "4 and a wake up" and it will be Valentine's Day. Do you have any sort of plans? I'd love to say that I will "throw caution to the winds" and have a bottle of Champagne and a whole box of imported Chocolates. But... Do I want to wake up, on February 15th, in the hospital? -grin- Sooo, I'd best not have those total plans.

How about some pink-dessert ideas? I'll bet "Pretty Blog Land" people have ideas for some, which don't have to have chocolate in the ingredients. If so, please share! :-) We gotta' do something to mark the day. Something! :-)