~*~*~*~
I imagine you've seen the add for the film, called "The Water Horse." About a lonely boy, in coastal Scotland in 1942. Looks charming, but also has aggressive pursuit of the creature by townspeople and visiting soldiers. Rated PG for some action/peril. Brrrrrr, for little ones. -sigh- Since it's based on a book by Dick King-Smith, I took that book out of the library.
Precious! Charming! No hunting down by townsfolk or the army. It's even a little girl who finds the egg. And she's not lonely. She's just a feisty little girl, with a cute younger brother and an often grumpy Grandfather. Along with a Mom of course, and a Dad who is at sea, part time.
But not in a war.
~*~*~*~
Of course, you know me... the Nana who enjoys teen vampire books. ,-) Maybe I'm in my second childhood or something but... I found this book charming. My library has the {probably} old version, shown above. It's not long. It's in large-ish print. It would be easy for a child to read by themselves. Or, I think it would make a nice bedtime story, to be read, a chapter a night. Keep some suspense. :-)
~*~*~*~
Anyway, if you have Children or Grandchildren, and you'd like an idea for them. {I'm taking it over next door to the Grands...} Or if like me, once in a while you'd like something soft and fantasy and gentle and warm and nice ~ to read ~ please look for it. The original, that is.
Btw, Dick King-Smith also wrote 'Babe, the Gallant Pig' ~ 'A Mouse Called Wolf' ~ 'The Invisible Dog' ~ 'The School Mouse' ~ 'The Stray,' etc.
~*~*~*~
But not in a war.
~*~*~*~
Of course, you know me... the Nana who enjoys teen vampire books. ,-) Maybe I'm in my second childhood or something but... I found this book charming. My library has the {probably} old version, shown above. It's not long. It's in large-ish print. It would be easy for a child to read by themselves. Or, I think it would make a nice bedtime story, to be read, a chapter a night. Keep some suspense. :-)
~*~*~*~
Anyway, if you have Children or Grandchildren, and you'd like an idea for them. {I'm taking it over next door to the Grands...} Or if like me, once in a while you'd like something soft and fantasy and gentle and warm and nice ~ to read ~ please look for it. The original, that is.
Btw, Dick King-Smith also wrote 'Babe, the Gallant Pig' ~ 'A Mouse Called Wolf' ~ 'The Invisible Dog' ~ 'The School Mouse' ~ 'The Stray,' etc.
~*~*~*~

