"Twas the night before Christmas..."I've been saving that picture above, for today. :-) Isn't it the sweetest thing? :-)
And I have loved this painting above, for ages. I think the title is something like 'Arriving At The Inn.' I love snow scenes. And this one combines the snow of Winter, with the beauty of the moon in the night sky, and.... The warmth and welcoming of the golden/reddish light shining out through the windows. You can almost feel the relief of the travelers, as the stage pulls up in front of the Inn, and they know that warmth, food and rest await within.Isn't that what we all seek, on our journeys? The warmth waiting us, when we complete our various journeys in life? And isn't this what 'home' signifies for mankind? A place of respite. Since I don't long for or wait for an eternal home, I love the places of respite, I find now in my life. I love and value them more dearly perhaps, than someone who is waiting for another home in another life. I like my way. I am fully satisfied with my way. I'm human, and my way fits my humanity, and I can't fathom needing any other way.
So, may you find whatever respite you seek today... In whatever setting works for you.
And may you sleep safe in your beds tonight..."Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night."