Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday this n' that...


I guess I'm getting in the mood, a bit early. :-) But then, it seems a good idea. What with all those November Quotes, like ~ "No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, no fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds, November!" And ~ "In rattling showers dark November's rain, From every stormy cloud, descends amain." And " Dry leaves upon the wall, Which flap like rustling wings and seek escape, A single frosted cluster on the grape, Still hangs--and that is all." Yikes!!!!!!!! I really need some warm, happy, yummy thoughts of Thanksgiving, after all that!!!!!!! :-)

Do you have any Thanksgiving plans yet? I know that many have already had their Thanksgiving Feast, so I don't address this question to you. And so wise you are, who have had it earlier! I so wish we did it earlier tooo! Oh yes! But what can we do. We're stuck with the designated day, I guess. Too many other issues to address, for anyone to take up the idea of making our Thanksgiving earlier.

Have not found a mini-size calendar for the kitchen yet. But I fell in love with a Diary Calendar book for '08, above. It has lots and lots of pretty pictures in it. A full page picture, for each week. {some below ~ I tried to make a mosaic of these but the mosaic makers were too busy, now}
.
Yesterday, we took advantage of a gray, cool day and went out to prune. Yeaaaa! I love to prune! And there were many things which needed it. Those rogue trees and bushes which 'grow like topsy' with a mind of their own, and easily obscure my little bit of view. All Summer, all I can see is green leaves. And that's ok. But one of the perks of Autumn for me is, that I can see a little bit more, again. I like to see a bit farther than our own yard, for some months of the year. And it was time to make that happen, again. ~~~ So I got a nice ramble in Congress Park on Sunday. And hours out pruning, on Monday! I'm *golden*!!! Now, what will I do for exercise today??? I have to keep the string of *being golden* with exercise, going! :-)
.
"The pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts…
nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving."
- H.W. Westermayer