Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sunlight and cookies and baking...

First thing this morning, the sun must have broken through on the horizon and was illuminating a tree top down the way. These first rays of sunlight are beautiful at any time of year. But especially when that tree had leaves which had turned Autumn colors. And especially when our weather report is for rain for 2 days. So, pretty a sight! And so quickly gone. So I thought to myself.... {I bet you know where I'm going with this, don't you?}
I
thought that I should keep the memory of that lovely bright and colored tree top, with me, all day. All 2 days of coming rain, rain, rain. I know ~ Not awfully profound ~ But as profound as I can be, this early in the morning. :-)


But I have a *bahhh humbug,* that I didn't keep my Autumn baking spree going yesterday. The quick bread never *materialized.* ~phooie~ Gotta' get 'on the stick' today and make some Cranberry Nut Bread!!! :-)


I should have gotten the "baking bug" yesterday though. Since there was baking going on next door. D-i-law had apples left and was making Apple Sauce. A school bake sale is coming up so she was also making Applesauce Bread, for that. But! As luck would have it, by then, she was low on a couple of needed staples. So the Grandsons {7 and 3} came over {through the a-joining back yard gate to my back door} to get a couple of things. And then, they'd come back, to return them...

And,
with each visit, they wanted a couple of 'Pop's' cookies. ,-) See, 'Pop' keeps a box of small Chocolate Chip cookies for the 'Grands.' He used to keep them out in his workshop, until *something* found them and knocked them down off the high shelf and devoured them. {Chipmunk? Mouse? ???} But anyway, that was the end of them being in the workshop. Now they are in, on top of the refrigerator. But Quelle Horror! He'd forgotten to get more! So I had to search around for a 'pinch-hit.' Lorna Doones did the trick, in the meantime.


Yes,
I know. What kind of a Nana am I? Not making home made cookies for them? Well, to tell the truth, I'm the kind of a Nana who'd eat all of them, herself!!! lol.

But!
I'd better get going today, with some baking! Today D-i-law is already making Pumpkin Bread for the school bake sale. No more excuses on this side of the fence! I've got to bake something for here. And I ought to make 2 of that 'something' and send one, to the kid's school bake sale, myself. :-)