Well I finally broke through my 'baking block'! Yesterday I made Cranberry Pecan Muffins for us. And Cranberry Orange Bread for the school bake sale. !!!
The damp and rainy weather finally arrived also. But we put the gas fireplace on in the Hearth Room {Yea, I love calling what was the Family Room, the Hearth Room now! -smile- Thank you Pat!}. That plus my double stint of baking and husband making a nice supper for us ~ It was more than warm enough.
No dampness dared to linger! :-)
Well, the *flotilla* of Public Works vehicles went by already today. This election time, the Commissioner of Public Works has an opponent, who just might beat him. So all the stops are being pulled out. ,-) Two big trucks and scooper patrol the streets. Just waiting for a leaf to fall. This Autumn no fallen leaf will linger in our streets, more than a moment or two. Before being scooped up and put in dump truck and carted away! ,-)Now you have seen the beautiful display of flowers which are in our city, in the summertime. And fall flowers abound now. It's not that the Dept. of Public Works doesn't do a good job. But it just seems *cute,* this Autumn... So many vehicles seem to be about. ,-)
As for me, I say "GO Tommy!" I'm not abandoning him, for the *new guy.* So there!!!
We put up some *big* candy corn lights in our front windows. I only took pics from inside, because it was raining out last night. I'll wait for a non-rain night to take outside pics. This is the inside view of the window where I always have my 9/11 candle burning.
And this one below, is of the other front window. With no lights on in the Front Room, all you 'see' is the top of the window, where the candy corn lights are..
Next I have to put a couple of {plastic} Pumpkins with little lights inside them, up in the 2 bedroom windows, which are above these lower windows.Sad to say, we don't seem to be able to put many real pumpkins outside for Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations. Our street is the street which is used by many of the adjoining college campus students, for walking down street and back. Regularly, that's fine. But after drinking downtown, till wee hours on weekends ~ one never knows what they will decide to do "for fun," on their way back to campus. -sigh- So, sadly, we've simply learned not to put things out, to *tempt* them. Grrrrr....
