Thursday, October 04, 2007

So glad I didn't miss...........

October sunset...
Around 6:45 pm last evening, I happened to go to my kitchen sink. And happened to notice the sky, from the window over it. Beautiful pink tinged clouds were floating in the S/W sky. So I quickly grabbed my camera and popped out the back patio door. I turned toward the West and snapped. And this is the result.

Within minutes, the pink tinge had faded from the clouds, out the kitchen window.

If I'd not gone there, then... If I'd not noticed the view out the window... If I'd not had my camera on its charge stand... Lots of ifs.... If not for all those things, a beautiful sight and photo, would have been missed. Sort of a tiny thought, on life lived... Maybe... If we don't notice, what do we miss? If we don't stay ready to notice, what do we miss? If we don't stay open to noticing, what do we miss? And I'm not just referring to Photos Opps!!! I mean many things, which we miss, along life's way.

And if we miss something, we never really know our loss. But ohhhh, to have missed it! How sad. How sad.

I'd like to keep this tiny thought in mind. I miss so many things. I know I do. I'm lazy and I miss many things. Why? When do I wake up and say; "I want to choose to stop being lazy and stop missing many things"? When?

Do you miss things too? Are you too tired or lazy or thinking it really doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things...? And yet, this moment and each moment, is all we have. Each moment makes up our personal 'grand scheme of things.' Our own 'world' and our own 'life lived,' which is ours and ours alone. Does it matter what we miss? I hope it does, to me, from now on. How about you? Is this a thought worth pondering?