Clocks... Ever wish you could turn them all, to the wall, and live even a day, without having to consult any? That includes wrist watches and digital clocks which seem to be all over the place. {sigh} Wow but that sounds wonderful to me. To simply live by the progression of the day. And by how our body feels. I'm a morning person so I get more accomplished early. And I need a nap in the afternoon, or I am falling asleep way too early in the evening. So I do sort of live by that 'inner clock,' in certain matters. But it's very hard to do that, totally.
Of course appointments have to be scheduled for certain times. And certain things simply happen in our world, at certain times. No way to buck the whole way society is set up. So much of life runs {or is supposed to run} on a schedule. If you want to catch a plane, you have to know when to be at the airport. And if you want to go to a ball game, you have to be there, at the time it's scheduled to begin. All that stuff is out of our hands.
But what about our own little personal life? Can we ever take it back, from the tyranny of the clock? And of course, do we want to? Just because I have this wish, doesn't mean everyone does. So if you love life totally scheduled, pay no attention to this ramble. :-) I should have said that, way up at the top of this entry,shouldn't I? -grin-

And doing stuff faster and faster and faster? How did I get into this habit? I hate it. But it seems so ingrained, that it's hard to shake. Even reading a book, I want to see how many pages I can read in a period of time, sort of. How silly is that? Reading should be pleasure. Not an obstacle course to jump over the hurdles in record time. Yish... How did I get in this mentality of... Hurry, hurry, hurry! All the time. How?!? Why!?!

Clocks found here