Monday, September 10, 2007

Rainy Autumn...

Quite un-pretty-Autumnal weather we are now having... R-A-I-N. Drippy, random, sometimes heavy rain. Which prevented me from a neat photo opp on Sunday. Civil War reenactment going on, right in our city park and I forgot about it on Saturday. Cannon and gun fire and showing how much trouble reloading was and camp set up and etc. Perfect photo opp 'cause the paper got a great shot.
And it was nice weather. Duhhhh me.



We usually try to go out for a drink and dinner on the weekend. But the restaurant we wanted to go to, seems closed for vacation. Some local places do that, after the busy Racing Season. They close for of a bit, and give owner's and employees a needed rest time. :-) This is an old local place and they've probably been doing it for years and..... Anyway, we ended up at a Beer And Pizza place. Which was fun! No old fashioned bar to have a Manhattan at, before. But! I decided to have us order a pitcher of beer. Just the two of us! We've never done that before! -grin- In all the coming up on 49 years of marriage, we've never had a pitcher of beer, for just the two of us! We didn't finish it off, but... We got a big laugh out of the fact that..... "There is always the chance for something new!" Even in this old a marriage! :-)


Since today is dark and rainy and not much can be done outside.... E. will have to be content to do things inside his garage workshop. And let the finishing of the old truck bed replacement project go, to another day. One 'Grand' has a home Volleyball game today though and he doesn't have to work this evening at the store. So...we can go to that! She was picked Co-Captain of the JV Volleyball team. {Please, picture proud smile on my face} The coach picked one girl for one Co-Captain. And let the team pick another. And they picked our K.!!! And that's the nicest way to be chosen. By one's peers. :-))))


Will I take my camera? Even though taking pics in a gym {with my little camera} is not really possible, 'cause I've tried many times before. Yes I will! Because there's always the chance of getting a good one! :-)