
"Here's to the old apple tree,
Bud and blow,
And ear apples enow,
Hats-full, caps-full, three-bushel bags-full
And some for the boys to steal." ~~Traditional

"Nothing I like better than a baked apple." ~~Jane Austin, Emma

I'd rater have a young man with an apple in his hand,
Than I would have an old man with houses and with land,
For an old man he comes grumping in, always full of care,
But a young man comes in whistling with, "How do, my dear?" ~~Traditional

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness!
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him to lead and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eaves run;
To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease;
For summer has o'er-brimmed their clammy cells. ~~John Keats
Uploaded by Beautiful Century