Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Harvest Moon"


Tonight is the Full Moon. And it's called by different names. Full Corn Moon... Full Barley Moon... Full Harvest Moon. But according to The Farmer's Almanac the Harvest Moon is always the full Moon closest to the autumnal equinox {Sept. 23, 2007}. And if the Harvest Moon occurs in October, the September full Moon is usually called the Corn Moon.


If possible, I like to go up to the very near by college campus, because it is only a minute from here, but is higher still, than we are. And from home, I can't see a rising Moon, because of all the pine trees on our property hedge and on all the other properties around us. So it's best to go up to a parking lot up there, and watch for the first views of it. The closer to the horizon you can view the Full Harvest Moon, the larger it 'looks.' And the more mellow yellow it looks. I just l-o-v-e that mellow yellow color! Mmmmm.... Yummmmmy... So evocative of the Autumn Season and Harvest Time and all the mellow fruitfulness of now.


Click and play and listen... 'Shine On Harvest Moon'

^_^


"Shine On Harvest Moon" ~~Sarah Harmer

The night was mighty dark so you could hardly see
For the moon refused to shine
Couple sitting underneath the willow tree
For love, they pined

Little May was kinda 'fraid of darkness
So she says "I guess i'll go."
Boy began to sigh, looked up to the sky
Told the sky his little tale of woe

So shine on
Shine on harvest moon
Up in the sky

I ain't had no lovin' since January, February, June or July

Snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and spoon
So shine on
Shine on harvest moon for me and my gal

Snow time ain't no time to stay outdoors and spoon
So shine on
Shine on harvest moon for me and my gal