Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Just a reminder, for when you are hot...

When you're hot... Just a reminder...



Please click and listen......... "In The Good Old Summer Time"

When that Summer Time Heat hits again....
We are due for another bout of it, t
omorrow and Sunday here.
Please remember this photo, below...
I'm going to.
And I'm sure it will put my discomfort, in perspective.
To remember that there are others, worse off than I.
I can turn on my window A/C units and hibernate in those rooms.

Not all can....




"It was close to 120° the day I took this photograph. When it’s that hot, the wind blows like a hair dryer in the face and it’s hard to drink enough water—just keep schlucking it down. Some of the soldiers go more than ten days without a shower, all while wearing great amounts of gear and often sleeping in baked-on filth. But when the fatigue of fighting and clearing dangerous ground catches up, the heat is secondary. Soldiers this tired will sleep on hot, broken glass, or in this case,
on the ground outside a blown-up building."

{From a Michael Yon dispatch}